BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Willie for Dan

DJ Rock Well

I've got more unrealised grand ideas for other battles but to keep things rolling for now, here's another regular sample flip battle.

Seeing as Danswift asked for some more Blaxploitation for this in another thread, I'm going with the Willie Dynamite OST.

There's plenty on here one way or another.

8uaaYqk.jpg

mHPSGEa.jpg

The wavs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j8x4iildyhy8x5/willie%20dynamite%20Samples.zip?dl=0

Usual business, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audio files provided above. You can add any other sounds, samples, instruments, cuts, vocals, etc. The final result can be any style, medium or genre you like.

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be the end of Tuesday, the 12th December.

• Like 3

Made a start over the weekend.

There was at least three samples I had an idea for on this one, plus one other I wasn't sure about - I had quick chop of this one to make sure I didn't want to use it and now I'm half way through making a beat I really like. You just never know!

Guest Symatic

i'm no Joe Clockwork.... but heres me pissing about with the Willie D soundtrack.

I basically ran through it really lazily and put a couple of cue points in serato, then spent 10 mins throwing the samples at each other via my loopyHD setup, and then lucked out at the end by dropping the playhead randomly to end the song - jsut happened to be on my favourite line of the theme song "its no different to any other industryyyyyy"

you can sort of hear the tape delay ive been boring everybody with in another thread, but its not the best demo of it.
also i'm triggering record and some other features with my foot, in case youre wondering....

• Like 5

Guest Symatic

Yeah thats the best part of it really. The only thing i do t like is that it involves a apple product, which means this setup will not work in 5 years

Yes! This is dope. Inspiring stuff.

I'm tempted to start using one of these mobile apps instead of a loop pedal. Having only one undo is a frustrating limitation of the pedal. I'd like to be able to drop bits out and back in again, as you've done here.

Lovely job!

Expensive, but you could always track down an RC-50 or 300. There may be other ones but that's the main reason I bought my 50.

Guest Symatic

Yeah rc50 is really dope. I was almost gonna get one of the beatbox-focused ones roland did. But this setup does do more and is cheaper (if you already got the iphone)

Android phones apparently have shit latency... but you could run mobius looper on a cheap laptop...

I started mine last night and put in a lot more time that I'd expected. These samples are so good that it's hard not to just do a 90s flip on em. I was going to do something more directed but who knows at this point. Good shit tho.

• Like 2

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Got onto a serious start this evening, hopefully will get something finished before the deadline :8

• Like 2