Fried my Raiden Innofader

Mike-L

There's been a catalogue of errors with my Raiden innofader. The stem got bent a little so I bent it back, which caused one stereo channel to disapear unless i wiggled it. I emailed Raiden a couple of times and heard nothing, so decided to crack it open maverick style and fix what i thought may be a dry solder joint. The upshot of which is now neither channel works.

I think the PCB contacts may have come off at the solder points for one, but I'm not sure if there any other issues. I know that the circuitry in regular innofader's can get fried. Any thoughts or suggestions to help me with my #botchitjob?

I also had a number of problems with my RXI-F1. It was crackling and bleeding intermittently and when tapped. Sometimes the whole audio of channel one decreased in volume for some seconds and then increased back.

I placed this matter at Raidenfader in mid of June and while there was always a delay to some good extent between mails Van cared and was really trying to help. For several reasons shipping back to the US made no sense and he finally offered me a new unit as replacement. This was very cool and I happily paid another $25 for shipment, this happened at the end of July.

Since then I neither got a new fader nor any word although I consequently sent out reminders and I have little hope left that there will be any progress.

I also tried to repair my faulty unit in the mean time. The innofader is raised quite a bit due to the leads for the calibration button and power, so the soldering contacts do not have a lot of flesh in the pcb-eyelets and I thought resoldering would do the trick. Unfortunately this and also rebending the fader noses did not help at all and only made the problem worse. If you nevertheless want to try to desolder be careful, use wick and little heat - the eyelets are fragile.