Photo

Danswift And The Sock People- Church Of The Rocksteady (part I&II)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Psychotic Fader Fingerer

• Elite Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

100 percent agree with Rocky :8 

Dan you got your own unique dope style and have mad live skills on the SP, get yourself out there dude. Definitely get an album out on bandcamp man! Get yourself on social media as well as record some live shit and get a youtube channel going, this will help promote your talent no end too. If there is open night gigs at clubs/pub in your area then get busy with it, you never know where it might lead!

• danswift likes this

#22 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

Thanks mate.

Hehe the only open night gigs round here are filled with the type of people who actively enjoy Morris Dancing, wear Fair Isle cardigans and sing songs about drowning sailors and the War Of The Roses at the local pub's folk night..I went there once and took my guitar and sang them an Al Green song..It didn't actually matter how good it was, i may as well have played them an Iron Maiden one they looked that upset, so I quickly changed tack and played a John Fahey instrumental and things went downhill from there I'm pleased to report.

I left shortly after that.

The other places you definitely wouldn't want to enter after 6 pm..well not unless you're intending to cop off with a drunken cross eyed troll-woman with inflatable tits anyway.

Think i'll just stick to the Bandcamp thing tbh.
  • JHouse likes this
Symatic on O9 May 2016-08.49 PM said
oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

#23 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Yeah man, this ish blows me away, especially the live and execution bit. Dan's been holding out on us.

Hehe..thanks dude !

oh dan you filthy bastard why open such a nerd can of worms to a bunch of beat perverts like you find on here ???

#24 petesasqwax

petesasqwax

1/3 of Phonobrow

• Elite Member
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

Yes, dude! Dopeness!

• danswift likes this

Look, we should all know by now Pete doesn't get into that shiny G-Funk sound. If it doesn't sound like a discarded flip-flop hitting an old bin lid, recorded onto a dictaphone, then pressed to shellac and buried in a pile of gravel for thirty years, dug up and sampled on an S950 with a broken dial, he ain't fucking with it.

#25 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Yo Pete,thanks.

I'm really pleased that you liked it mate !
  • petesasqwax likes this

#26 broma

broma
  • Elite Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Super late to this but fucking hell Dan, this is goose pimplin' good.

• danswift likes this

#27 Jam Burglar

Jam Burglar
  • Elite Member
  • 753 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

I echo what everybody else said.  So nice.  I like the whole part 1&2 thing too.  Put this shit out on 45 playa.

• danswift likes this

#28 danswift

danswift

007 INCH

• Elite Member
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

Super late to this but fucking hell Dan, this is goose pimplin' good.

Thanks Broma, that's a very nice compliment !

I echo what everybody else said.  So nice.  I like the whole part 1&2 thing too.  Put this shit out on 45 playa.

Aww man it would be a dream come true but I'd be slightly worried that a certain 'Lady Soul' and her 12 disciples- in- law may want to speak with me about my liberal vocal sampling transgressions... :|

#29 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

No mate, it doesn't work that way any more. As long as you don't have pop hit with it, you're fine. Especially if it's a smallish vinyl run.
  • danswift likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users