• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 broke

broke

Ageing Rap Hipster #1

• Elite Member
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Also, I know you're only four videos in, but I did notice you stayed at about 94 - 100 BPM for the first three, then number four was probably about 86... I try to make sure I practice using a variety of tempos to make sure I'm not stuck in the same BPM range all the time. I'm still struggling to maintain the flow at certain BPMs, but I think it has helped my cuts overall.

#22 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:44 AM

Yeah I gotta echo what the rest said about your return to SSS... you came back clean an funky as per usual, the rest of us are jus less shit than when ya eff'd off to Asia ;)

Good shout about the hand off the record to high, I can't un-see it now, please stop it Doob!

Something Im trying to work on at the mo is smaller hand arm movements and try to jus use the fingers more, I see a lot of speedy cutters have little hand arm flail so figured it could be good for improving speed on double time stuff.

Be good to see you do more basics - babies, transform, more silent notes/pauses and stuff with the lines. Not really a criticism but it would add that bit extra to your already funky flow.

yeah man, you all well less shit! (goood). Great feedback man, I'll keep it in mind. I can never seem to obtain the flow state while I'm recording, I often wonder if my flow state is a real thing or I just think I was flowing but wasn't really.... If no one sees it, does it really happen kinda thing :o

Also, I know you're only four videos in, but I did notice you stayed at about 94 - 100 BPM for the first three, then number four was probably about 86... I try to make sure I practice using a variety of tempos to make sure I'm not stuck in the same BPM range all the time. I'm still struggling to maintain the flow at certain BPMs, but I think it has helped my cuts overall.

Cool man, but actually I've just been going in to my massive folder of loopers and randomly selecting beats to cut on! That's half the idea I suppose, go out my comfort zone whilst I record. In general I cut over lots of different BPM's a lot.

I recorded one yesterday but my mates here so I'll have to put all the weekend ones up on Monday

#23 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

Bloody weekend took me well off track with these, but I tried to record still, just not edit. I think I might have recorded Saturday's one on Sunday but the rest are from the actual day.

It's deffo working, I'm remembering all sorts of combos long forgotten.

#24 Dubba Dutchdj

Dubba Dutchdj

Daves cuttin stare

• Elite Member
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

All about day 9, nice Doob

ETSG 3 is dope, It made the watch words for last nights cuts in Rye - "Fuck attack"

#25 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

All about day 9, nice Doob

Thanks man, deffo felt like I rememered a lot of different combos for that day.... all the open fader slow stuff like boomerangs / swing flares etc is coming back to me.

#26 Jam Burglar

Jam Burglar
  • Elite Member
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

Okay, now that you've put a shirt on, now you just have change your shirt every day.  Cuts are dope.  

• Dubba Dutchdj likes this

#27 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

Okay, now that you've put a shirt on, now you just have change your shirt every day.  Cuts are dope.  

Lol, it's coz I literally just put it on for the video then take it off again afterwards. But yeah, I guess for the effect to really work I should get a new one everyday. Psh, making me wear clothes and shit...

#28 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

#29 Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Psychotic Fader Fingerer

• Elite Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

Anyone else get Day 7 as "This Video is Private" ?

#30 savwar

savwar

Animal lover

• Elite Member
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Good going man. keep it up.

What improvements have you noticed?

This is something I should do. I've never actually posted a freestyle video, and i've gotten so much worse over the last 6-7 years as i hardly practice, so now i'm afraid to.

pant.

#31 Symatic

Symatic
  • Elite Member
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

Killing it doobage! Hashtag bring back dem abs!
  • d00ban likes this

#32 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

If you'd seen what he was(n't) wearing before it was pulled, you'd know why!
  • Psychedelic Schizophrenic likes this

#33 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Fixed!

Good going man. keep it up.

What improvements have you noticed?

This is something I should do. I've never actually posted a freestyle video, and i've gotten so much worse over the last 6-7 years as i hardly practice, so now i'm afraid to.

Quite a few actually. The main one being that I don't give a shit about little tiny mistakes as much any more. I used to cease up a lot whenever I pressed record, that's deffo going away a bit. I can almost achieve the flow that I get whenever I'm just on my own practicing but still not quite.

I've also started to remember more advanced cuts that I used to do, but I guess that's just a result of practicing more regularly. As they say, a little everyday is better than a long session every once in a while. It's all coming back very quickly, but I was only out 2 years (max) not 6-7.

Ha! someone kept thumbs downing so need to put on a t-shirt

#34 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

I decided to do Rob Swifts "swing challenge" ... Like a year and a half or something late granted, but still.

• MadAbbott and Psychedelic Schizophrenic like this

#35 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

God this is a massive pain in the arse now lol

Been recording the vids but struggling to edit them all in time and shit

• JHouse and Psychedelic Schizophrenic like this

#36 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Not that any one care but dtill going! Not sure it's working any more of if I'm just burning myself out. It's deffo forcing me to not use ahhh all the time though which can only be good. Cuts got a bit sloppy for a few days but seem to be getting better again now I got the new Simiah record, it's nice n slow for them tasty cuts.

Which ever one of you cunts is thumbs downing all my videos can fuck off too! :d

• JHouse and Psychedelic Schizophrenic like this

#37 Symatic

Symatic
  • Elite Member
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

whoa your S9 looks mental cos of the framerate / light cycles per second thing :)

keep em coming man

• Psychedelic Schizophrenic likes this

#38 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

I need to make a note on my wall to stop lifting my hand up so much. I remembered for a while but keep forgetting again.

Sy, got any constructive feedback? You can be as brutal as you need to be :wacko:

#39 ericuk

ericuk

1200 GAE Lover

• Elite Member
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

much respect for doing so many videos, I'd have quit after a couple of days!

I've always thought you've got something special/unique to your style.

If I had to play simon cowell, there isn't anything that I could say about you that we aren't all a bit guilty of; repetitiveness or the things we are comfortable with/good at etc

While I think the "openness" of your cuts is partly whats makes your style you, perhaps trying to close the fader a tad earlier might tighten the cuts up, while retaining your sound?

I'm still up for a practice session too doobs, god knows I need it!

It was hard to spoon correctly with an award winning boner and 3 animals scattered across the bed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users