Rockstar announces Red Dead Redemption 2 worldwide release -Fall 2017

danswift

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/uproxx.com/gaming/red-dead-redemption-2-playable-characters-john-marston/amp/

there is some speculation that RDR 2 will possibly be a prequel but obviously thats just guesswork

would be awesome if that really is the case though...

I can't wait for this. I loved the last one.

I've spent way too much time already skinning virtual animals but I did enjoy it, would definitely pick this up.

Did either of you manage to get 100% ?

its the only game ive ever fully completed tbh

by looking a bit harder ive almost managed to convince myself that if it isn't John Marston in the left hand side of the trailer artwork and Bill Williamson on the right i'll eat my cowboy hat..

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple of cool things I've heard about this game.....

If you kill an NPC, their family may posse up and come looking for you.

If you turn off the mini-map, the dialogue of NPCs will change and some of them will give you directions, including mentioning certain landmarks.

This is the sort of shit I want from a game! The problem with a lot of games that let you disable the HUD and/or any kind of "direction pointer" is that you can be left thinking "where the fuck am I supposed to go?", but if NPCs are like "head out to that big mountain east of the town, blah blah etc. etc." then that's awesome.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A companion app will be available for this game from Friday: -

The Red Dead Redemption 2 Companion App connects directly with your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One as you play, delivering real-time interactive information to your smart device. Available for download on October 26th on both iOS and Android, you can pan and zoom the map, set waypoints or mark areas of interest with a tap on your screen, aiding your exploration and discovery throughout the expansive world of Red Dead Redemption 2.

The app will also show you Arthur Morgan's core info and stats in real-time on your device, allowing you to completely remove the in-game HUD from your television should you choose. Additionally, the Companion lets you examine Arthur's in-game Journal, provides stat tracking through Social Club, contains the full digital game manual, plus an optional digital version of the Red Dead Redemption 2 Complete Official Guide from Piggyback and more.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60648/The-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Official-Companion-App

• Like 1

Wow thats a monster. Any idea if its some of this online only no campaign baloney? I would surely think not but after this last COD Im wondering.

At launch it will be single player only. They've separated the game into two components, a bit like GTA V and GTA Online, so Red Dead Online will launch at a later date (supposed to be in November). They're both set in the same world and obviously both are included in your purchase, but in terms of development they're treating them as separate products so they'll expand and grow individually.

Although it is the hype machine, everything I read about this sounds amazing. However, I'm staring at at least £150 worth of PS4 games on my shelf that I am yet to play, so I feel like I don't deserve to play this on release day. Add to this the Switch games I haven't finished and I'm struggling to make a case to jump the queue.

• Like 2