Tweaking a bass sound

Ok I'm basically re-learning how to produce from the ground up since previously I'd done mostly sample-based/chopping style production, and rarely made my own melodies/basslines. Hopefully I can articulate this well, and if I can't I'll post audio later.

Basically, I have certain bass sounds in Maschine that if I trigger them and hold the pad, they will play the initial attack on the sound then sustain a bass tone for as long as I hold the pad. Some samples are a tone the entire time, some start off with a strike before turning into a steady tone. My question is, for the sounds which start with a strike/attack and turn into the tone, how do I make it so that they are simply a bass tone the entire time?

I feel like it's not a difficult thing to do but I'm a noob right now so I don't know what attributes to adjust to achieve this sort of thing. Thanks!

sounds like you need to adjust the filter envelope. i think you need to make the attack quicker, as when its like one tone then settles, its probably a low pass filter where the cut off starts high then gently goes down to the sustain level.

i might be slightly wrong but i'm confident i'm in the right ball park. i can't remember without pissing around with a filter envelope.

What Wax says will work if the modulation is down to the filter envelope in the first place - if the sample itself has a striking sound in it, though, you'll just to alter the sample start point. Hit the Sampling button on Maschine and slide the start point along until you've skipped the attack phase...

that work?

• 7 months later...