THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

If all members could just say a quick hello in this thread that would be cool. If you wanna add a short description or an entire life history then you can do that too. I'll start the ball rolling.............

I'm Steve, aged 34 and from Stafford in the UK. I've been into hip hop and scratching since '83. I'm an administrator on this board so feel free to contact me or one of the other admins if you need any help with anything.

i am graeme. aka 2ndhand, also theRuler30.

uk resident - 31 years old

first record i owned with cuts on was - rockit, 7" 1983

first record i owned with rapping on was - rat rapping, 7" 1983 :ph34r: hehe

been into hiphop since 83, and scratching was always what interested me. when a band would drop an album, me and sigma would scour it for the cuts, and if we were lucky, there'd be a scratch track.

dabbled with scratching and rapping/beatboxing in the 80's with pitiful kit.

finally got of my well rounded ass in 2002 and bought proper equipment.

been scratching properly since then.

howdy. my name is Huw, 17, and live in norwich, in the land of the farmers. scratch and mix and play the trumpet every now and again, though haven't done in a while now :ph34r: just finished sixth form like SS up above and am currently looking for a job as i am broke as shit...

hey...how's everyone...?

just checking in to DV2...

I'm paul......from chicago...working on my 33rd lap around the sun.

play some blues (on guitar), make beats, scratch, play congas..and mix it all together.

the family business keeps me busy and paid.(and I can post from work cause I'm ITboy here.....haha..only here though!)

have a good one..see yall at the next post.

hey...how's everyone...?

just checking in to DV2...

I'm paul......from chicago...working on my 33rd lap around the sun.

play some blues (on guitar), make beats, scratch, play congas..and mix it all together.

the family business keeps me busy and paid.(and I can post from work cause I'm ITboy here.....haha..only here though!)

have a good one..see yall at the next post.

Welcome Paul. Did you post at DV1?

Secondly how do you make your beats?

I guess that's an example of a short description. :d

No, that was my 'quick hello' :p

OK, the name's Chee, and I'm 26 living in London, UK. I'm originally from New Zealand, and I've been in the UK for about 2 years now. No plans to move home yet, but I can't see myself staying here in London forever.

I've been DJing since 1993, when I was in highschool. I started out doing the school dances and people's house parties. This was in the era of the 'House Party' movies, so anyone that threw a party just HAD to have a DJ - that was me. I wanted to be Martin Lawrence's character, Bilal.

When I moved away to go to university, I started DJing for the clubs in the uni town. It was also while at university that I really got into scratching and 'turntablism' (eg trick mixing, juggling, etc). I started concentrating on techniques and whatnot in 1998, which was a good time to start, as that was when the internet started become a genuine resource for scratch DJs. I had no one else to learn from (still don't!), so I basically learnt wrom www.wicked-styles.com and an article I found in DJ Magazine where Tony Vegas basically describes a whole bunch of scratches...

...oh yeah, and also DJ Ghetto's track from 'Return of the DJ Vol 1' - once I could do those scratches, I though I was the MAN!!! :shades_smile: lol

Shit Chee i didnt realise you was dwelling in London, should give us a shout sometime and hook up for beers, chat, cuts etc... Thanks for those tracks ya sent by the way, i played the CXL one on this month's show... likes it...

Ummm yeah so me...

My name is Laurent

Im not an english person... I am a french/italian person with South African heritage too just to make it that more complex to introduce myself...

I been living in London for over 6 years...

I work in a publishing house overseeing magazine production...

I write as a freelance writer for Undercover Magazine, ATM magazine (dnb), ukhh.com, my own site Spin Science, and a bunch of other people who'll pay me in money, record, CD or booze... lol

I present the new TTR shows on the webbanet...

I scratch in my room when no one's looking...

I spend far too much time at work posting on boards,but then no one complains so it's all good...

And i have a pet fish...

:72_72:

did i mention i was french?

Shit Chee i didnt realise you was dwelling in London, should give us a shout sometime and hook up for beers, chat, cuts etc... Thanks for those tracks ya sent by the way, i played the CXL one on this month's show... likes it...

Sounds like a plan.

Did you post at DV1?
Secondly how do you make your beats?

1.)yes, but only about a dozen times, I was fairly new there too.

2.)I use an mpc2000 and combine sounds and loops made from fruityloops or reason too. I can sample obscure vinyl or whatever instruments I have at hand. I record into pro-tools (digi001) and do all the mixing, post production -if any with the pro-tools.

yo,

Name's Ian, aka Dub-Se7en. 23, from stoke-on-trent, uk. first dabbled with DJing in about 96, got some belt drives in 99, then moved up to the 'stax in late 2001 (ish, can't quite remember).

used to be into cars and shit, can't be arsed with 'em now, so i've got a few unfinished projects littering my mothers house (gotta get 'em moved). now working as a computer builder/ tech support at a distribution warehouse in stoke.

Adam from Sunderland but Living in Brixton, London Now. Been cutting sice 98 and listening to music proper since well before that. I DJ around London, Run a Night called the Shuffle and write for a fanzine called the main ingrediant. I also spend too much time at work on message boards but no one ever says anything about it. I also love Pheonix Nights.

@ Kper. Read the thread in General Talk entitled "If You Think You Are Hard Enough" and be afraid for your fish.

(I can't spell).

Disscuss - will do in a minute... btw spoke to my mate last night and its on for next month at the telegraph if you still up for it... email you the details in a minute...

@Chee - where do you live in london? Im in Stratford, east siiiiiiide :)