Nintendo Classic Mini

Deft

Pretty fresh and definitely has the best lineup of any all-in-one ROM system I've seen but I think the way to go is softmod a Wii and load it with every SNES and NES game ever made. Necessary NES titles alone that it's lacking are Mike Tyson (fuck Mr. Dream), Super Tecmo Bowl, Blaster Master, RC Pro AM, Battle Toads, Lemmings, TMNT, Spy Hunter Blades of Steel, Adventure Island, Wizards and Warriors 2, 1943, the original Contra, Hatris, Bill and Ted, Goonie, Life Force, Ikari Warriors, Clu Clu Land

I bought some SNES games for my Wii and a controller and it worked well. It taught me that Secret of Mana is too difficult if you rely on AI rather than real team mates.

My household was Spectrum then Sega Megadrive / Genesis so I didn't get much original NES action.

Not familiar with Spectrum. Was that an Atari clone like Coleclovision(sp?)

I wish I had a Sega CD so bad just for the exclusive Bomberman. I used to play the shit Outta that with my host brother in Japan.

Wikipedia says you guys were all Commodore 64 instead.

AHHH! Yeah the C64 is badass. I never had one as a kid but a very cool machine.

I saw that this morning. Looks pretty cool although I miss the RC Pro AM too.

I like to keep it real when it comes to this shit though

Check this out man, My buddy and some of his friends build these for people. At his wedding he had three right but the dance floor. All the ladies were pissed off because all the guys were playing Tecmo Bowl and drinking beer instead of dancing with them. Probably the best wedding ever.

http://uncrate.com/stuff/arkeg/

I'd love to have a real pinball or arcade game. Bride of Pinbot, Super Off Road and NFL Blitz are the three top for me.

I saw that this morning. Looks pretty cool although I miss the RC Pro AM too.

I like to keep it real when it comes to this shit though

Check this out man, My buddy and some of his friends build these for people. At his wedding he had three right but the dance floor. All the ladies were pissed off because all the guys were playing Tecmo Bowl and drinking beer instead of dancing with them. Probably the best wedding ever.

http://uncrate.com/stuff/arkeg/

I'd love to have a real pinball or arcade game. Bride of Pinbot, Super Off Road and NFL Blitz are the three top for me.

That's sick! Haha.

My friend has a Bride of Pinbot.

Here's my pinball machine, I've got a Donkey Kong vid too.

01_White_Water.jpg

• Like 2

Guest rasteri

AHHH! Yeah the C64 is badass. I never had one as a kid but a very cool machine.

Just rescued my C64 from my parents place, here it is next to the speccy :

The Amstrad CPC was the one I had as a kid though, it was the "other" UK computer in the 80s :

• Like 1

I could never remember, were the C64s for rich people? I remember the Amstrad. We had the original ZX Spectrum and then a 2a I think. Never got to the disk drive one.

Also, those pinball and games machines look sweet. You would never get that in the UK, as there is no-one with enough space in our pokey little houses to store anything sensible. I still have a plan to get a decent fruit machine in my house, but I reckon it would get boring after about an hour.

I could never remember, were the C64s for rich people? I remember the Amstrad. We had the original ZX Spectrum and then a 2a I think. Never got to the disk drive one.

Also, those pinball and games machines look sweet. You would never get that in the UK, as there is no-one with enough space in our pokey little houses to store anything sensible. I still have a plan to get a decent fruit machine in my house, but I reckon it would get boring after about an hour.

In the US, I remember the C64s being the most common computers for kids who had a personal computer. They weren't widespread like the Atari 2600, but if a kid had a personal computer, it was most likely a C64. The other ones I would see were the Tandy, the Apple II C and E, and the first Macs. I saw lots more C64s though because they were more associated with video games.

I never saw a C64 as a kid. Maybe kids a few years older had them. We had an IBM PC around 85 or 86 which was pretty hi-tech at the time. I only knew one other person with a home computer and it was an Apple II. Would play Jump Joe on it.

Guest petesasqwax

had a fucking LIGHTGUN with my C64 for playing a bunch of totally shit LIGHTGUN games (aka levels from existing games that they'd made work with the LIGHTGUN)

Yes, you have to capitalise the word LIGHTGUN because it's that fucking important

• Like 1

I've seen a few people do custom Rugers and Glocks painted like LIGHTGUNS. The Ruger looks amazing. The Glock looks dumb. Seems hella irresponsible tho to paint a firearm like a toy. Idiots.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Got mine today. It's a Christmas present to myself from my wife so I'm not opening it for a while.

I'm looking forward to playing it, the NES is one of the main consoles which I have never really played much - everyone I knew had Sega Master Systems.

• Like 1