CSBBQ 9 - AUGUST 27-28 - BRIGHTON

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

ITS GOING DOWN!

the realest dopest phattest megablast double back to back scratch fest is back.

check the line up.... CHECK THE FUGGIN LINE UP! actual 3 dimensional legends 5 feet from your eyeballs!

bolt action, semi automatic funk straight to your dome.

don't do whatever you were gonna do that weekend unless it was come to the Gladstone in Brighton for 2 days of the best scratch vibes in the UK.

• Like 3

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

YEAH BUDDY!

You all have to come or you will be destroyed by the resultant radiant shockwave eminating from the Gladstone!! You must remain in the safe zone of the poob for the two days in order to remain unharmed. Run!! Save yourselves!! This bank holiday weekend August.

I said last year this is the ultimate scratch bro-down hoe-down show down, but this year is the definitive ultimate scratch show down bro down hoe down around, in down town Brigh-town so come down and don't be destroyed by not being in the safe zone. Death will not come easy to our brothers and sisters outside of the safe zone. London England...........consider yourself warned!

Shit, though, that list is like someone decided to just write out a list of who's a dope ass mutha fooker and all round swell guy and it just happened to be the line up for the BBQ.

Everyone come! It's so good we had a practice version a couple of weeks ago. and it was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Symatic

no excuses :) i used to mission down form Edinburgh!

Yeah, but you're heck of an attraction there. If my name appeared on the poster I would go too, no matter how far. :d

haha that was way before i ever played there, it was just me and the sss crew going to watch the gods laying it down

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it? I didn't know! Dammit, i can't come now cos i'm due to go to this scratching thing at this pub in Brighton all weekend.

Anyway, you, shouldn't you be getting ready to join the scratch gods on Mount Backspynpus* this weekend. You have to gird yourself to learn about the man and alien made anomolies in space from Q or you'll never remember all those sweet brain facts.

(*enjoy the phenomenaly tenuous pun there)

Holy shit that was too good. Everyone is so fucking talented that it's just getting silly now. Proper world class stuff. Everyone, you're missing out on something quite special if you don't check these events live.

So good to see everyone to. Everyone's so happy to catch up with each other (apart from me when i give them a firm nut punch for being too good on the dex in lieu of a greeting as standard) it's so cool. What a lovely environment to hear hardcore murder cuts in.

*********** 10 URGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHs out of 10

• Like 2

What an amazing weekend, Community skratch is the life and blood of the non commercial U.K. Turntablism scene, simple. To many goodness witnessed to try list off all that I enjoyed, it was all absurdly good and community vibes were strong.

Even despite the flurry of lil fuck ups at the beginning (note to self - check platter break settings and playlists before starting....) I managed to do my set and actually enjoy it this time :) Probably did a better job of nailing last years showcase tbh but fecking hell the angst of the 1st timer thing in front of the many beasts that's inspired me over the years was a bitch.

Really looking forward to gaining more experience showcase wise :)

Start saving for Galway people! Jus book your plain tickets pre December then the rest will sort it itself out

• Like 1

^^^^^^ This dude smashed it the fuck up!!! Jim was all like "fucking hell!". The mistakes were barely noticed by everyone (except me who was screaming boos at him and pointing)

great to see you guys :)

^^ And this dude turned up and and he's a big time dj (and all round nice guy who it was great to see again) so you've all got no excuses not coming in future.

• Like 1