Stage fright, is it curable?

Karol

Does anyone have issues after the first few minutes? My experience is that once I'm in there I'm good. That's why I've always been pretty careful about my first few minutes. I get that down solid in practice to get me through the nerves and after that I'm fine. I've never done DMC though, and if you botch your first few minutes there you're pretty much fucked.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have issues after the first few minutes? My experience is that once I'm in there I'm good. That's why I've always been pretty careful about my first few minutes. I get that down solid in practice to get me through the nerves and after that I'm fine. I've never done DMC though, and if you botch your first few minutes there you're pretty much fucked.

Edited by Harpoon Oswald

Opposite is actually better, fuck up as soon as possible, then you realise that the only people who noticed are the ignorant cunts who aren't there to enjoy themselves, you know DJs and Producers.

Guest broke

My gran offered to lend me her beta blockers before I did DMC but my dad vetoed it. Probably just as well!

That could have potentially been another certified Clockwork Classic.

Meditate and fake it till you make it.

When I battled (a few times) I was mega nervous, but got the advice of stand proud, puff your chest a bit and make sure you act like you're confident. Actually helps a lot.

Plus everyone else has been there. People will respect the fact that you're there doing it, no matter what else happens.

• Like 1

My gran offered to lend me her beta blockers before I did DMC but my dad vetoed it. Probably just as well!

That could have potentially been another certified Clockwork Classic.

Ha! There haven't been any of those for years. I drew a line under that a while ago.

I can see it now. On stage at the Empire, playing the scratch sentence section of A-Trak's Gangsta Breaks in its entirety, gently swaying left and right, staring into middle distance...

Guest broke

I can see it now. On stage at the Empire, playing the scratch sentence section of A-Trak's Gangsta Breaks in its entirety, gently swaying left and right, staring into middle distance...

Where's the crying emoticon when you need it?

• 1 month later...

it is curable! the more you get yourself exposed to the public, the more comfortable you get.

-----------------------
THIS IS WHAT I'M LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW:
-Rapper DaBaby, dude who wears a diaper but can actually rap: www.audiomack.com/album/artist1984/billion-dollar-baby
-R.I.P. prodigy of Mobb Deep, Infamous album on repeat
-4:44 Jay-Z

it is curable! the more you get yourself exposed to the public, the more comfortable you get.

-----------------------
THIS IS WHAT I'M LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW:
-Rapper DaBaby, dude who wears a diaper but can actually rap

This diaper wearing DaBaby dude obviously suffers from stage fright too it would seem then .

• 2 weeks later...