Better late than never? Beat battle beats I missed the deadline for

broma

Oh hai guys,

Thought I may as well upload these. The Delfonics one if anyone remembers, they probably don't, I gave up on but fuck it, here it is.

The Black Caesar beat... only over a year late. Had the files sitting there all this time and finally got round to throwing together some chops and drums.

Enjoy... maybe?!

https://soundcloud.com/looms/delfo

• Like 7

Well this is something I approve of VERY much!.. and I can't even listen til I get home.

Chuffed to see this stuff being useful after the battle too, I definitely encourage anybody sitting on stuff to finish it and share.

Lol..I've got a shit ton from the battles I haven't entered .I always download the wavs for the challenges Matt ..they're always too good not to !

• Like 1

Really nice to get positive feedback as I don't have much confidence to be honest.

Dude,your stuff is cool ..you have a nice style all of your own which is always a pleasure to listen to whenever you've submitted tracks for the challenges..

keep doing what you do !

• Like 1

Love the Black Caesar beat--we used the same sample so it's really cool to hear it flipped different.

Great sample choice on Delfonics. That flip got me cranked up man!

Glad you posted these.

• Like 2

Thanks mate, although I actually do very little and mostly I'd be doing it for myself anyway... this is all just a very half-hearted attempt to endear myself to others ;)

Mental health aside, sharing music you've made is a stressful business! You've gotta put something of yourself into it and that really exaggerates the potential highs and lows of revealing it to the world.

What I would say though is that with the DV sample flip battles, everyone's punching at a very respectable level. You can't predict people's personal taste, so there's always that, but across the board I'm hearing beats that could and should be released into the wider world.

Ironically, I hear a fair bit music out there that's for sale, even getting universal props that's NOT even close to what's been produced here. I guess shameless self promotion skills often out muscle actual skills.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Both tracks are dope Broma :8

Well this is something I approve of VERY much!.. and I can't even listen til I get home.

Chuffed to see this stuff being useful after the battle too, I definitely encourage anybody sitting on stuff to finish it and share.

Maybe we could have a dedicated thread in the beat battle section for people to share finished beats?

• Like 3

Maybe we could have a dedicated thread in the beat battle section for people to share finished beats?

That's a good idea. Pin it to the top of the section, maybe.

• Like 1

What I would say though is that with the DV sample flip battles, everyone's punching at a very respectable level. You can't predict people's personal taste, so there's always that, but across the board I'm hearing beats that could and should be released into the wider world.

Completely agree man. There's a lot talent on here and the vote is always a tough call. Even if the style of something isn't my cuppa I can appreciate it and there's stuff I've heard on here that I come back to - Shout outs to danswift and Phonetic especially on that front!

Mental health aside, sharing music you've made is a stressful business! You've gotta put something of yourself into it and that really exaggerates the potential highs and lows of revealing it to the world.

Indeed! I've got a little less stressy about it, and these battles have really helped that. Being a bit less precious and just getting stuff out there. About 10 years ago if I was in the same room as someone and playing one of my tunes I would literally physically shake I got so nervous about it. Now I try to just slip them in (ooh er) amongst others rather than be all 'listen to what I've made' about it and never has anyone said 'what is this shit?!'

• Like 3

That's a good idea^^

Ironically, I hear a fair bit music out there that's for sale, even getting universal props that's NOT even close to what's been produced here. I guess shameless self promotion skills often out muscle actual skills.

No doubt. It would be cool to start putting out collections of tunes from the battles

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

I did say I'd do a Bandcamp page too after the first year, but knowing nothing about Bandcamp and the complication of sharing other people's work and I let it go off the boil :(

If you need a hand setting it up to get the ball rolling then I'll be down to help out mate