Art by $ain+

djdiggla

Gabe's been trying to make money doing art. I really liked his pen and ink pieces and he charges almost nothing ($25 which includes frame) so I had him do two custom originals. Time lapse below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR7j9bhT_BE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwxjqEeu9HI

Fuck Gabe! That multitalented jerk making us all look bad!

Here is his youtube and official site if you are interested:
  • Like 1

He's a cheeky git!

Over the Christmas period I asked him to do one for me. I said it would have to be the $25 one (he does other sizes) as I couldn't afford the bigger ones. He did a bigger one for me though! Also, when I spoke to him, he said $25 didn't include a frame.

I'll show you mine when it arrives. I asked him to do me a classic hip-hop one, so LL Cool J or Eric B. & Rakim - that kind of thing. I left it up to him and I asked him not to show me any photos of it, so the first time I'll see it is when it arrives.

• Like 1

Nope. I asked him how much shipping was, so I assumed the price would be that plus $25, but it wasn't.

I told him I wasn't very happy about it because I specifically said I could only afford the smallest size, and to be fair, he did offer to discuss the price further, but I let him off and paid what he was asking. In the past he did 2 pieces of design work for me for free (one for a mix I released on physical media and one for a website), so I figured I would just let it slide.

It cost me £47 including shipping, which is cheap for a piece of custom art - don't get me wrong - my only issue was with him doing something I didn't ask for.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine today. It's an LL Cool J one. I can't post a picture of it yet as he sent it rolled up in a tube and the paper is quite thick, so as soon as I unroll it it just curls back up, but as soon as I can flatten it out a bit I'll post a pic. It looks really good though!

He included a second, smaller drawing of a woman, but I have no idea who it is or if he meant to send it to me, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...