Dirk's Qbert (video game) stamp

djdiggla

I carve these little stamps out of erasers and ink them on name tags. I did this one a long time ago but just added the orange stamp layer to it the other night. I started doing these after taking a design class from a wood-block printing teacher.

As you can see in the first pick I was gonna start doing "diggla" in the speech bubble but it has been so long since I did text that I forgot you have to do it reverse and backwards and I just did it reverse! lol

Thanks man!

That class sounds kick ass! Post up some of ur stuff from the class sometime!

Here is a Papa Smurf I think I posted b4... anyways, thinking about making it black and skin blue instead of all the lines blue.

• 4 weeks later...

We had out linotype lesson on Tues but my prints are all on the drying rack until next week. I'll post 'em up when I get them back. We also did monotype which is apparently what Tracy Emin uses and the results look cool.

• 2 months later...

Here is my two newest ones:

Every year I go back to my old Uni for the senior photo show opening and stick up my old photo locker. Pretty cool they keep the old ones up. I always slide a few inside for whoever has the locker now too.

• 1 year later...

My daughter asked me to do this one. Finished last night. The color isn't as perfect as I wanted but I was getting tired and just wanted to finish.

Lol. It's kinda a pain. I just cut it out... I dunno. It's what I used for years so never even thought about a real kit till recently.

I just use plain ink-pad ink. I just mash the stamp down good on the pad then press hard and evenly on what I'm stamping (usually name badge stickers).

• 2 years later...

Here is my newest. I ordered a grey ink pad so I can do a third color for the can. Can't wait... Not made a new stamp in over a year so was happy to crank this out last night!

• Like 4

Oooh! Good idea! Hmmm... Gonna have to think about what to do... Could have a few texts: N3X7 13V31, 4lyf3, post a phile bitch...

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

these are fucking great man. reminds me that i got a lino cutting tool and bit of lino for doing a stamp for my next release. I ought to get on that & naturally I'll post pics of the results

• Like 2