Sample the record, win the record 2014 - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

Sample the record/win the record 2014 -VOTE!!!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Diggla
    • Kutclass
    • Doppelkorn
    • d00ban

Guest petesasqwax

Ultimately I vote d00b, but that was only because I got a larger contact high from his than any of the others. I genuinely do like em all

Shall I v0at 4 u baybs?

No but thanks, luv. X

I think yours has some good ideas in it Dirka, but needed more work to "shape it" IMO

Yeah. I feel like I get stuck as soon as I have a simple loop :wacko:

Guest Symatic

really liked all of them but kutklass got my vote. eric came close second tho. nice weird vibes from dopp,, doobs got his beats gayme down too, and i liked how drunken and wonkey diggla went

sorry i didnt get my tune donw, i got carried away trying to get my beat right which takes a while when you wanna go in on a jungle thing... ill post it here when i do finish tho

really liked all of them but kutklass got my vote. eric came close second tho. nice weird vibes from dopp,, doobs got his beats gayme down too, and i liked how drunken and wonkey diggla went

sorry i didnt get my tune donw, i got carried away trying to get my beat right which takes a while when you wanna go in on a jungle thing... ill post it here when i do finish tho

Eric? You be trippin son!

Guest Symatic

Eric? You be trippin son!

ha haa youre actually exactly right man! i been ill as fuck this week so not thinkin, seeing or typing clearly!

i meant pete's beat 2nd.

fuckin hell sorry pete :$

Ya not sure how to do a vid. good idea though. Will see when I get home.

fwiw dirka I thought yours started really well. It just went into a chilled out section when I thought it was going to go in to a dirty assed footwork section.

• Like 2

It would be cool to see vids how everyone did theirs.

funnily enough I was gonna submit a vid only since rockwell said anything goes, ill see what I can rustle up ...
  • Like 1

I'll give you my SECRET TIPs here.

The drums were just a 2-bar loop from Give Peace a Chance. I don't think I did anything to them. It was kinda unimaginative but I'm not really sure how to approach drums without a pad thingie and I couldn't be arsed getting one-shots and midi-programming them.

The chords was a weird synth screech that I found that had abit or wobble on. I think I downpitched it slightly then resampled it in to play chords in a standard 50's progression (I-vi-IV-V).

The bass was a one-note hit that was one on of the tracks (I forget which) and I just resampled it again to play the root notes of the chords.

The vocal was just this with some bits cut out to make it fit in the time I had bothered to make the music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8h-xEuLfm8

I think I did a bit of noise removal on it as well.

I EQ'd the chords, bass and vocal by Googling "how to EQ _________" and blindly doing what it said.

Ya not sure how to do a vid. good idea though. Will see when I get home.

fwiw dirka I thought yours started really well. It just went into a chilled out section when I thought it was going to go in to a dirty assed footwork section.

Yeah it ended up being pretty anticlimactic. lol