Having trouble figuring out this Tazer combo

Vekked

I was trying to work these out the other day. I think its a three click pattern but I'm not sure about the left hand movement. I'll get back to you if I crack it.

It sounds like one but it looks like their hands are doing two 2 clicks but it's kinda hard to tell for sure

Sat in a hotel so I can't try this out but I'm thinking something like this:

I've done a two click and three click version which would sounds about the same but the way he builds up to it makes me think the 2 click version is more likely.

In the description he describes it as like a boomerang which fits with this ttm as its the forwards part of a "start open" boomerang to get back to the end of the sample ready for the next tazer ("start open" boomerang is the second bit on this ttm):

Give it a go and let me know - I'll try and work it out better at the weekend if that's not it...

Doubt I know what jack hammers are... can you break em down for me?

Typically jarg skratchlo description but I'm pretty sure this is the first combo before he starts doing other stuff...

basically the "fast atuobahn" but only 2 parts instead of 3 and a drill at the start

Word, ok yea the combo with the drills isn't what I'm specifically interested in, it's the one that's between those, like every other pattern. I don't think I'm ready to tackle the drills pattern yet, LOL.

Sat in a hotel so I can't try this out but I'm thinking something like this:

I've done a two click and three click version which would sounds about the same but the way he builds up to it makes me think the 2 click version is more likely.

In the description he describes it as like a boomerang which fits with this ttm as its the forwards part of a "start open" boomerang to get back to the end of the sample ready for the next tazer ("start open" boomerang is the second bit on this ttm):

Give it a go and let me know - I'll try and work it out better at the weekend if that's not it...

Ok the first one is a bit more like it, but I think that both their patterns, as far as I can tell, are 5 sound patterns. So there's a laser backwards laser, 4 sounds, then a backwards laser. The last 2 sounds sound like the beginning of a taser (aka there's either a 1 click flare or an original flare just before the backwards last, I can't tell which). The first pattern looks close to what it is, but I neither of these should give the 5 sounds.

To me it "sounds" like a backwards laser, then a chirp/forward 1 click, but it's clearly not that, it's something else that creates the rhythm.

The key bit I could pick out on the first one after 34 secs was the long backwards lazer that hits on beat then off beat then off beat.

I think the rest of the record motion is about right from following the dot on the vinyl,

but I think I stacked the start cos the long back sounds seems to start close like a normal tazer

I think you're right about the 5 sounds and that it's two clicks so how about the third attempt I've added...? :

The click pattern is regular 2 click, the long back stroke is every 3/4 beat, and it's 5 sounds so it should sound about right... fuck knows without the decks to try it on though!

The key bit I could pick out on the first one after 34 secs was the long backwards lazer that hits on beat then off beat then off beat.

I think the rest of the record motion is about right from following the dot on the vinyl,

but I think I stacked the start cos the long back sounds seems to start close like a normal tazer

I think you're right about the 5 sounds and that it's two clicks so how about the third attempt I've added...? :

The click pattern is regular 2 click, the long back stroke is every 3/4 beat, and it's 5 sounds so it should sound about right... fuck knows without the decks to try it on though!

The very last one looks pretty good, I'll have to spend some time working on it to see if I can get it to sound like how they're doing it.

Yo, the rafik version kinda sounds like jack hammmers, except tazer'd??

Ohhh, lol, ok the first time I looked at your post I didn't see any video for some reason, didn't realize you posted a vid of how to do jackhammers. I def think he's doing part of this in that vid, good lookin out!

Yeah I was trying to figure jackhammers out last night. What I've realised about Rafik's cuts is they're pretty much all original flare based (tazers, jackhammers, autobahns). He just makes stuff sound so dope coz he can go from super slow to super fast really seemlessly!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can try!...its easier than it looks.

Basically its a variation on a walking boomerang / fast autobahn so it probably easiest to start with that then switch it about..

If you think of a walking boomerang as slice, forward transform, slice, backwards transform and repeat, then you just reverse it, then switch the slice positions then tazer it

Thinking about it again it also OG flares starting on the backstroke, the first back stroke goes from the end to the start of the sound then during the rest of the first one and the second one you work back through the sound.

I can't do it slowy though so I can't do a video break down :-s