The track/sample IDs thread

Steve

• 7 months later...

Sorry Steve, no clue. I could almost believe that it might be something not too obscure and that the fact it's just a couple of notes really tightly truncated (and possibly re-pitched?) is making it harder to identify. I might be totally wrong though and just not have a clue.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what this is?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm after the 'This was a goddamn slaughter' sample, that D-Styles uses a lot. I know the original is from the 'Phony as you wanna be' by GZA (Genious), I want to know which battle record/tool is the pitched down version from, that D is using. Thank you for any enlightment.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1w6bcfVnAU#t=278

i was bored over christmas so i watched some old skate dvds while at my parents. this section was crazy back then and it still pretty much is. anyway there are a few songs used in the edit, and i know what the others are but the track used at

1:56 to 3:45

And 4:30 to 5:22

is apparently impossible to find. i know its a stab in the dark asking here, but if someone could point me in even the slightest right direction i'd be happy. i like the track, but also its becoming about the principle now.

thank you xo

I don't know it, Jim. I tried a few of the song ID apps, but they either couldn't get it or they were wrong and IDed it as Mozart or Bach.

I thought I'd found it when I found another video with the same song in it which had a track listing for the music underneath it, but then I noticed that underneath that it said that some songs were unknown - and of course, that was one of the unknown ones.

I wouldn't know who to ask about it.

Cheers for trying Steve!

i tried shazam and that was useless. it gave some right weird answers, essentially guessing with anything that had a piano in it lol.

and yeh, i did some internet digging and every time there's a tracklisting its been left off. i dont think anyone from skating knows. might have to send a polite email to the guy who made the dvd and see what he says. unless he's kept it a secret for a reason.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...