Ethernet power adapter thingies

FUNKY 9

Hey guys I'm lookin to extend my internet connection to my garage as I am slowly clearing it out to use as a dance studio for me and my son. I was looking at the power adapters that use your existing electrical sockets. Does anyone know if they have any adverse effects on your connection speeds for the rest of the house ect I can't imagine that it will buy don't really want to sacrifice overall speed just cos I'm too lazy to change CDs ect lol

Guest rasteri

It really depends on your house wiring. I normally encourage people to run some cat5 whenever possible.

Just make sure wherever you buy them from will give you your money back if it doesn't work.

Depending on your input connection speed you might need to buy different rated versions. If you are just shunting broadband around should be OK, not sure about proper LAN stuff. I got Devolo ones for my mum and brother and seemed alright. Apparently fucks off amateur radio hams too.

I imagine that my garage is on the same ring as my living room there back to back via an external wall. I don't have an entrance from the house tho so it would require drilling thru the living room but as I'm renting I was looking for something a little less envasive.

I get about 60-70mbps which is more than enough for simple audio streaming. I was more concerned about how it would effect the remainder of the house leaving the adapters plugged in. Thanks for your advice guys skips coming tomorrow so gonna get started after my son gets back from school and have a big clear out haha