Laptop Keyboard problem

Monkey-Hands

i have an acer aspire laptop/notebook whatever-type-thing which i upgraded to windows 10 for free. but now, after the update, the keyboard is not working anymore.

when i checked the utility manager it said that the launch manager is not working anymore. i tried doing updates etc but nothing works.

any help would be highly appreciated. ;)

nothing is working. not the keyboard, the build-in mouse pad, neither the thing to adjust the volume.

i can only use my mouse and the screen keyboard.

when i check the device manager for the keyboard it says that the launch manager isn't working. something's not loading. i have to check again what exactly it says. i already uninstalled it. after i started the laptop again it still said the same. :(

I had the similar problem when I updated to 10 with my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.

Everything performs worse, including my trackpad and touchscreen. My screen flickers occasionally and I have to close/open the laptop to get it to stop. My audio jack is also screwed and it thinks there are headphones always plugged in (no sound). You may have to rollback your drivers.

The update also cleared all my registry tweaks that I had added (2 finger right click, 2 finger scroll etc...)

I've basically have given up on this laptop for any serious work, it is used for browsing, videos, and emails now.

WTF is Launch Manager? Some Acer crap? Considered nuking the whole install and doing a clean Win10 job instead? Presumably if it is some Acer software issue loads of other people must be having the same problems?

this:

What is Acer Launch Manager?

The Acer Launch Manager which is pre-installed on new PCs is a utility that runs in the background and is designed to provide users a way to quickly launch applications manually as well as automatically. For example, if a DVD is inserted into the DVD drive, the launch manager will activate the pre-installed Acer DVD application as opposed to letting Windows launch the default handler. This application is 100% optional and not required.

All those pointless branded bundles of software crap should be burned. They are normally just skins over in built things anyway. Old Thinkpads had some decent branded utilities but I bought a consumer Lenovo laptop a few months ago for my sister in law and it was all garbage. Not sure why it would screw up a keyboard though. Nuclear option of clean install may or may not provide the solution. Everytime I've bought laptops for family, I clean install the latest O/S and it has never failed me thus far, even with Windows 10.

Hook up a USB keyboard to it and see if you can type on it. If it works then check to see if there is a software or feature that has disabled the keyboard. Some touchpad can be disabled by tapping the touchpad on top left one time

If that doesn't work, go to manage and on device manager, find the keyboard in the tree. Expand it and do a right click and select properties. Then find the rollback driver button so it will kick back to the previous keyboard driver after computer reboots

a keyboard should work as the mouse and every other usb stuff is working.

there are 3 buttons on the site for wi-fi f.e. which are working but thats it.

i already tried that. i can't rollback the driver as this option is greyed out. i can only uninstall the drivers which i already tried.

i ran the program and it updated every driver, but the mousepad and keyboard are still not working.

checking the device manager tells me this:

synaptics ps/2 port touchpad

device can't be started. (code 10)

not enough system recources to finish the api.

launch manager (keyboard)

the driver for this hardware can't be loaded.

the driver might be damaged or not available. (code 39)

the specified file doesn't have the right format. mz is missing at the file beginning.