CNP007 - Krayb David - Eggship Me Please

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

Hello world

Cut & Paste Records is proud to bring you Krayb David's debut vinyl release: Eggship Me Please (Tales From The Eggship).

"What in crab's pincers is that?" i hear you ask.... well I can't really explain that with only 3 dimensions to work with but the album seems to be some kind of map of an interstellar journey by the crab that brought you Star Memoirs and The Crab And The Egg.

His recent looper demonstrated some of Krayb's style at slower tempo's, this EP takes thing up to the electro/techno speed for the most part, then winds down to sub-50bpm territory with the aid of a remix by Valance Drakes.

Another Remix from The Person sounds like a tune The Prodigy would have made if they were kidapped by space crabs in their early years and returned to earth 20 years later irradiated and dehydrated from space travel.

And theres a little scratch easter-egg hidden in there for the scratch heads..... :)

pre-orders are live on the CNP website now, delivery expected in August....

http://cutandpasterecords.bigcartel.com/product/egg-ship-me-please-tales-from-the-eggship-cnp007-pre-order-s

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

Audio preview here:

https://cutandpasterecords.bandcamp.com/album/krayb-david-eggship-me-please-tales-from-the-eggship

For anyone following Cut & Paste Records' output for the past few years their latest release may seem totally out of the ordinary... 6 scratch records in a row and now some kind of futuristic techno?

But our intention is to help shake up the scratch world, and this record is made by and for turntablists as much as it is a stand-alone musical EP.

Krayb David was born out of the now-legendary Community Skratch Games which, for the past 10 years, have offered an alternative to the tired formats of most international turntablism shows and competitions.

Tales From The Eggship sounds like the music for a computer game, and we are told it documents the interstellar voyages of Krayb David as he drifts through space and time. Each track corresponds to a part of his absurd journey, with the 2 remixes perhaps representing alternative realities as Krayb's perception distorts and fractures as a consequence of his time-travel habit.

Tempo, rhythm, atmosphere and texture all change throughout the EP, with some tunes drifting wildly from one style to the next.
While the journey is fast and confusing, it invites the listener to follow along and then continue beyond - which is why we hid some exclusive skip-proof scratch sentences on the record, along with an ambient and never-ending interlude that ends on a lock groove. (These bonus tracks are only on the vinyl release)

Breaking out of the same old format, Tales From The Eggship is not your average Cut & Paste release, your speakers won't know what hit them...

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

test pressing just arrived. lock groove is spot on (it's very tricky to get em right) and the scratches sound great.....

really pleased to be putting out some musical releases too, and especially proud to be releasing tunes for such legends in the game!

• Like 1