THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

• 1 month later...

Ayo folks I heard about Digital Vertigo a long time ago from DJ Savwar, I was living in Ireland at the time and did a run of DMC's and ITFs there between the years 2002-2005. I was into making beats since being a teenager, I'm 38 now. Grew up in Milton Keynes and got into the rave scene attending Dreamscapes and Helter Skelters to name the big promotions, I still dig the early breakbeat sound. Made a beat tape before visiting Australia in 2000 and that got me connected with the Perth hip hop crew SBX, with artists such as Downsyde, Clandestine and Layla showing me how album production and touring become a reality. On relocating to Ireland I hooked up with rap crew Urban Intelligence and recorded the first Irish hip hop mixtape 'Homemade Bombs' helping establish the label 'Workin Class Records'. Played some big support slots for touring artists in Dublin and worked in a few record stores as well, building my knowledge of obscure labels and genres. I've come a long way since my first record purchase 'Agadoo' by Black Lace, classic shit. Skipping ahead like a dodgy needle I got involved in the Community Skratch Games in Galway as a performing artist in 2009, and went on to collaborate with Clash of the Titans battle champ DJackulate under the name 'Neil Bucannon'. We had a lot of fun using samplers, toy saxophones and theramins onstage, with the SP404 being my main weapon of choice. I am currently doing an online series on youtube under the channel 'harrymoschops' making fresh beats using the teenage engineering PO33 sampler if anyone cares to take a listen, to quote Handsome Boy Modelling School "you won't be sorry for long". To finish this brief bio it's worth mentioning the release I had out on Cut and Paste Records this year entitled 'Skratch Fossils', a project a long time in the making and an integral part of my development as a scratch DJ and producer. To hear mixtapes and other music I have released such as 'I Luv Space' on Alkalinear Recordings, I have a secondary youtube channel 'synapsidstudios'. That’s twenty five years in 365 words :)

• Like 3

• 4 years later...

Hey everyone. I've been a DJ for a while. Came into the scene when controllers started getting serious (~2007). Since then it's been a wild ride. Since COVID devastated the scene, the DJ scene seems to be rebuilding. Here's to everything getting back on track!

• Like 6