Getting PCBs made

Mike-L

A question for you techy types on here. (i.e backtrack & rasteri :-) )

I'm wanting to clone the PCB for the 07 transformer switch. How much would it roughly cost to get a small amount on these made up? Do you have any recommendations for businesses that do this kind of thing? Thanks fellas

Thanks Sy. Yeah there are definitely companies out there but I'm looking for one that's suited to small scale ideas. Basically, I want it to be cheap & easy as possible! Would definitely consider printing my own but if it's fairly cost-effective would rather save myself some time even it is works out costing a little more.

Guest rasteri

What, just like the phono/line switch? The PCB would be trivial to design (I could maybe do it for you), but the switch and connector might be a bit harder to find. Still doable though.

In terms of manufacturing cost, I just had 20 PCBs made up for $35.67 total inc shipping. And the 07 PCBs would cost significantly less than that because they're so small.

On top of that of course there's the component cost, which might be another fiver per board. Probably less though.

What you got planned? Do you think a lot of people need these things? (actually, both the switches on my 07 are broken, haha)

Thanks Rasteri! Very helpful to know that.

One of my 07 switches broke so I'm looking for a replacement. I managed to track down the exact switch they used in the 08 mixer, which are much nicer than the 07/06/05 ones (mainly due to the shorter distance). They're about £6.99 each (from a UK components supplier). I'd like to replace both the switches. I also will need the metal plate too, which I also know nothing about making!

I experimented with my complete 08 switch , which seems to work in the 07 with a simple modification, but fully assembled they're about £30 each. I was thinking it also might be cool to do a portable clicker for my HandyTrax too. (basically a cheap Raiden fader alternative). If it was cost effective I was thinking of making more than I need & selling them on. ... I should add too that if that's something you wanted to get involved with then that would be awesome.

Guest Symatic

ah, sorry mike, missed what you were getting at. although they might be able to do that.... they make those little 'fader cribs' for raidens, and I know they have done some custom stuff for people

No worries man & thanks for the suggestion!

This is the part, but the picture is not of the exact item ( it should be a DPDT)

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/700967/Toggle-switch-250-Vac-3-A-2-x-OnOn-Miyama-MS-500-F-MF-BLACK-latch-1-pcs?ref=list

this is the data sheet which has the correct image. MS-500 F-MF

http://www.miyama.co.jp/pdf/MS-500X-X-X.pdf

Guest rasteri

Man I don't think that's the right switch. It has a 4.7 x 4.8mm contact spacing, whereas the vestax switch I have has a 2.54mm x 5.08mm spacing and seems to be the same PCB as on this photo :

So I had a look at my 08 switch & the mounting hole distances match your description Rasteri & the spec sheet for the MS-610. The levers though are not like in that data sheet. Could it be that they used an adapted switch with the body of the 610 & the lever of the 500?

Guest rasteri

So I had a look at my 08 switch & the mounting hole distances match your description Rasteri & the spec sheet for the MS-610. The levers though are not like in that data sheet. Could it be that they used an adapted switch with the body of the 610 & the lever of the 500?

Probably. When you're vestax you have the purchasing power to have miyama make anything you want.

There's probably nothing stopping you using the 500 though, since you're making your own PCB. Maybe buy one and see if it feels OK.