Raiden Fader RXI-F1

• 2 weeks later...

got this today

RXI-F1 *PREORDER UPDATE 9/20/16*
Here is the latest update of everyone’s RXI-F1 preorder with us. We wanted to send this update out a week ago, but we were waiting on information to come in from the factory before relaying it out. I understand many of you have been very patient and we appreciate it. While some of you may also be losing a bit of patience, which is understandable, but hang in there, its going be worth it!
We finally got word from the manufacturer that our complete production is expected to ship out to us, this weekend or early next week. This means all completed production, will now be boxed up and placed into shipping dispatch. Once shipped, everything will past through international customs. We are hoping our shipment passes through fine without any issues.
Please note, there may be a chance customs has questions about the shipment, whether it may be if we have the correct licenses/certificates, or that were not smuggling exotic animals or drugs... If this happens this may lead to extra delays that are out of our control.
Since this production took longer than expected, we have already changed our original shipping/transport method planned, and opted for a more costly method on our side to get our product to us in the United States faster. We made this decision based on speed, and also to have the least issues with customs. Though this change is unplanned, we made it on behalf of our customers.
Once the units arrive at our facility here in the United States, we will inspect the delivery, and then start shipping out orders in the order they were received. Our fulfillment process is already set and employees are already notified that once the shipment comes in it will be nonstop work. We should begin shipping and sending out tracking numbers to you finally during the first week of October.
We would like to thank you all once again for this preorder. I wish this process was faster, but the truth is, we are not a large company doing extremely large production runs overseas. We learned recently that manufacturers would not put us in priority because of this. Delays happen, and its all part of the process, the important thing is the product is able to get made.

Thank you for the support,

Van
Raiden Fader

I'm almost starting to regret my purchase of this. I recently started a new job, and most of my clients are now in the same city i live in the city as myself (oslo, norway). This means I'm only travelling relatively small distances in my work, so my pt01 is being used less, and definitely not being used as a sketchpad for music anymore.

I recently got the JDX2R and it feels so good compared to the OG raiden fader, truly does feel like a railfader (almost like how rane faders nowadays feel). The reduced popping from the RXF1 really has to be worth it, for me to feel like i got my money's worth because I rarely use the pt01 as much anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just had my first session with the Raiden Innofader, aka the RXI-F1. Up until now, I had been using a Jesse Dean JDDX2R combined with a $20 Fiio headphone amplifier; so that will give some context to my thoughts.

Some PROS to the new Raiden right off the bat:

• You can cut out the sound of the beat you're scratching to, and you can juggle multiple sources. Presently the JDDX2R has no answer to this.

• No popping or static on the Raiden, ever. There are ways to minimize or eliminate those with the JDDX2R; but they would sometimes arise with that fader, at least to some extent. Never at all with the new Raiden.

• The RXI-F1 has its input plugs on the narrow side, rather than on the wider side of the fader box. Not a huge plus; but it is somewhat cleaner and more out of the way with this configuration.

• The RXI-F1 comes with its own rechargeable built-in amp. I actually kind of prefer amplifying with the Fiio unit instead, because you can adjust the master output that way; but if I didn't already have the Fiio, this would present a bigger advantage over the Jesse Dean than it presently does for me.

• Just as the JDDX2R felt more solid and heavy-duty than the original Raiden, the RXI-F1 is another step up in terms of build quality and heavy-duty feel over the JDDX2R.

Now for the one big CON to the RXI-F1: my session was cut short because its charge ran out. (It came slightly charged right out of the box, and I put it straight to work without charging it at all on my own.) Now obviously all I have to do is charge the thing, and I'll be golden. But say you're out cutting somewhere and unable to charge up for whatever reason. If that happened with my Fiio amp, I could use the Jesse Dean fader all by itself. It would be at super low volume, and that would suck; but I'd still be able to cut quietly, or else plug it into another amplified output, such as my Bluetooth speaker. But with the RXI-F1, the thing is basically bricked/useless until you get to charge it.

So those are my thoughts. Overall - if cost and scarcity are disregarded - the revamped Raiden is my new favorite. But make sure it doesn't run out of juice, or you will be doing zero cutting with it whatsoever.

Excited to see what Jesse (and Raiden and whoever else) comes up with next! Raiden is dope as shit, but I don't think they are quite "only competing with themselves." This portable game has got room for any and all players as of right now.

• Like 2

Absolutely love mine. What a nice product, the packaging, everything really top notch. I was and maybe still plan on doing some internal mods but having a really nice separate fader will come in handy. I skipped on the passive faders, glad I did. It feels just as nice as an innofader mini in a mixer (well, obviously it should). I love being able to cut out the beat, I do that a lot regularly.

People asking about the charging. I haven't used it to the point it needs recharging, but I modded my HandyTrax to have an internal rechargeable battery that I can also use to charge the fader. Pretty slick. Sorry Rast, I don't want to open mine up yet, but when I do I will get your some nice pictures. I am also curious what is going on in there.

• Like 1

Anyone from the UK get charged extra? I have just had to pay an extra £15.72 at the post office to get my fader as apparently I wasn't charged enough VAT. £7.72 VAT plus a bloody £8.00 handling charge!

Mine is showing delivered on the UPS website but no fader has appeared :( Did you get a UPS tracking number mate? How did you know that it was at the post office?