Pioneer tease new battle mixer...?

Jon

I have to say the bumpers are a BIG plus for me. I hate the really loud click of my 62 fader.

Our lass goes ape at the typewriter sound my faders make. I have to wait till she falls asleep at night before I get physical.shed buy me one just for the bumpers :)

Jon - isn't it about time you flooded the Internet with smug selfies of you and your new(ish) mixer?

I must say its good to see a company making a new scratch orientated cross faders - not just using their old stuff or settling for an Innofader product.

I like that it's the whole package - good audio, good fader, hardware and software fx, etc. Like the 62 of course, but I like the look of it a little more. For someone like me who still has records, having plenty of hardware FX and control options would be good... I can't afford it of course, but still.

I must say it looks pretty dope. both finishes...

It's real competition for the 57mkII too. as I must say I feel for me I'd never use everything the 62 has to offer, and was leaning towards getting the 57mkII in future.

This seems like a cleaner approach in a way, but still loaded with toys.

And i really like the ducking echo feature that the z2 has, and I'm guessing that this has something similar, with the way the faders are?

this actually has me excited

actually Jon, were you just testing a finished product?

any idea what djs they developed it with? was it all from the vid? or who in particular?

also what is the feel of the fader like? i never liked the one in the 909.

is it close to an innofader or the rane? or customizable enough to mimic every crossfader ever including my gemini trickmaster?

• Like 1

£1299, tbh I aspected it to be more, this mixer is gonna tick a lot/maybe all of the boxes for most scratch dj's and the buttons and knobs won't fail like the alternative 1400 mixers on the market. If it wasnt for how much I'm bumming traktors rmx decks at the mo I'd sell all my NI shit and switch to serato for this mixer

actually Jon, were you just testing a finished product?

any idea what djs they developed it with? was it all from the vid? or who in particular?

I'm not sure who was involved during the early stages but I was shown a draft version a few months ago and asked to give feedback on how features would work and a few of the ideas have made it to the final product. I know Switch and Eskei were shown what I was shown at that point too. The team were really keen to listen to our needs and learn more about what we want from equipment and build something bespoke to turntablists.

Is there a screen on the mixer? Just wondering when using any loops aside from using Serato to indicate measures.

*** Saw it in the video... placement is like the 62 but not as large or prominent.

Texting with my buddies this morning and its all.... "I'm copping it!!!"

Edited by Acts_One

Guest rasteri

Looks pretty sweet actually. If it does end up being £1300 then I reckon Rane are going to be bricking it, no reason you'd choose the 57/62 over this.

Potential issues are the lack of channel swap, and the fader looks like it'll break easy. Also I don't really like the look of the headphone control section

Rasteri - shops over here are taking pre-orders for that price, so I guess it's legit.

The only thing I could potentially have against this mixer is that it just made Vajra get cross with me on Facebook. I thought everybody on Colorado was all chilled out these days... but apparently not :(

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

You got Cairned!

How did you make him cross? Did you go on about how his 2004 routine should have won if he hadn't mucked it up?

............SIDEBAR: I got distracted by that rad Tigerstyle video Chile posted halfway through this.............

Hey, why don't we all rush Jon now, while he's not looking, and grab it?! Come on, go! I've started running to his right now!

Edit: (I ran back for this briefly) I should have put that you got shit Cairned!

• Like 3