Pioneer tease new battle mixer...?

Jon

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I was gonna say after the OP yesterday, "New sponsorship and rad new thing before everyone else for Jon then. LULZ!"

Darn you for working really hard and being talented and reaping the rewards! DARN YOU TO HECK!

Oh shit. I just assumed this would have Serato built in. Didn't even think that this might be the Trojan horse to push record box. Brilliant if you think about it. Have a mixer with DVS built in for half the price of Serato--taking a page right out of the NI playbook.

I'm fairly sure that's a Serato logo at the bottom left.

Missed that. Derp.

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2015/07/pioneers-new-rekordbox-will-be-fully-fledged-dj-software/

EDIT: That link unshortened says "Pioneers new rekordbox will be fully fledged dj software" by the way

I think this is something to be quite excited about, new battle mixers in this day an age...... especially one made by pio that could easily put the competition under pressure. I don't really think it's that ugly or particularly nice looking either, it's jus different and with buttons that size they've clearly gone for functionality over style continuity, which is a huge step forward from Pioneer of 5+ years back, tbh I'd put scratch mixers like 707/909, any champagne gold Vestax and the scratchbox in to the aquired taste catogory.

I love my Z2 for how well it integrates with the software and ultimately how much it cost me, £500! I think the non cluttered layout and tank like build design are top notch. The sound quality on the other hand is ok but certainly doesn't touch rane or scratchbox. Plus the quality of the pots from one Z2 to another Z2 is a bit of joke imo and the z2 just isn't a scratch mixer, stoopid fucking stiff lines with no curve control :(

As a non 62 owner looking from the outside in I'd say the best thing Rane acheived with the 62 is creating a industry standard that most working scratch dj's use. But from conversations with a few 62 owners it's clear to me the 62 isn't built to the same standard as, say the 56 which for me makes it a bit overpriced. That said mainland U.S manufacturing and double interfaces are both huge plus's but I'd still want old school rane build quality for the initial 62 retail price.

The above mixers are seemingly the market leaders for digital battle mixers but the points raised are valid, there's definitely room for improvement

From the little that can be deemed from the pics of the new Pio mixer, it looks like a clutter free, thought out layout, two fx units per aside (hopefully built in), personally I'd expect the build to be far superior than both the 62 and Z2, the sound quality will definitely be better than the Z2 and possibly up there with rane. If the faders are dope and the price isn't to cunty then this could be quite a special mixer....

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

TBH if the cue point pads are responsive then that's definitely a positive point, I'm sick of mixers that only come with 4. Seems like it would be an awesome mixer for cue point juggling/finger drumming etc.

I'd put scratch mixers like the scratchbox in to the acquired taste catogory....

The most blatant request for warning points I've ever witnessed!

Maybe her proportions aren't quite as graceful and aesthetically pleasing as some of the other girls, but to bring it up in public...

• Like 2

I think pretty much every dj had a pad controller hovering over there 62 at the redbull free style last year so decent cue pads have clearly been a requirement for some time.... compare this new pio to that dog shit traktor certified pio "battle" mixer they brought out several years back, pioneer have come a long way in a short time imo

Matt - come on mate, stop looking at it thru parents eyes, even you had to put a fancy dress on her to help fondeling (I actually think the SB looks quite tasty, but that doesn't stop it being in the acquired taste section)

For all to see

Yep, sorry - meant to add the image inside my post. Looks like it has standard curve controls on all faders plus reverses and tension adjust on the magvel crossfader - which Pioneer used on the DDJ-SZ - although no cut lag adjustment like the 909.

Looks like we'll see some 62's on eBay soon...

Beast mixer, struggling to see any negatives tbh, kudos pioneer! if the build is anything like the 707/909 this will be a real challenge to Rane mixers.

Jon - do you know anything about the line fades and is there a channel swap/euro mode switch?

Ok i finally talk about it :d Sorry to be lame, I had to sign NDAs that meant I couldn't say anything until it was made public, hope you understand.

Basically, this is the best scratch mixer I've ever used.

-You can make the crossfader feel custom to you - both in tension (controlled on the front of the mixer) and how the 'click' feels using the exchangeable bumpers. I have the second softest one in mine and it feels like a rane/vestax to me. The harder ones feel like the DJM/909 range too if that's your preference. The softest even has a sticky feel, which means the fader will stick a little when pushed to the side, perfect for beat juggling as the fader won't bounce back if you're a bit heavy handed.

- You can activate custom layers on the pads so they can be set to trigger any combination of anything - e.g. two cue points, some fx mapping, key lock, deck controls etc, sample decks - perfect for complex routines if you're into all the hybrid dvs stuff

-both the hardware and software effects are customisable - you can load any effect from the possible hardware fx onto any of the buttons and you can choose any two (i think- i dont have the final firmware yet) parameters to be controlled on the mixer, e.g. echo length and effect depth.

-instant doubles on the mixer

-the pads are sick - as we know the 62s feel super fragile (and from experience are fragile) and small - you can proper pound these

- everything (as far as i know) is midi mappable

- you can do fader fx like on the 909 - again i dont have the final firmware yet to control this so i don't know the extent to what you can do yet but the version i have allows for the fader synths

-the fader caps have pioneers plock system so they never come off without you going through the unlocking process (that is fairly easy to do if you need to but you'll never knock them off by accident)

basically this > any mixer out there if you're into dvs routines using pads/fx etc. if you just want to cut or dj then obviously there's cheaper options, but it's the most customisable and well thought out mixer i've ever used.

• Like 3

oh yeah and you can customise all the hardware features to your liking like how the filter works or how the hardware fx work from a seperate software interface - so it can be a complete 0db kill like on the 62's filter, or with a little bit of bass/tops coming through like on the pioneer djm range - or you can have the knob trigger an effect like a white noise synth!