Pioneer tease new battle mixer...?

Jon

Guest rasteri

Yeah it looks more like a 900 with half the channels missing than a 909 on steroids

If it ends up being reasonably priced then it might be interesting.

...HAHAHAHAHAHA

If they release an upgraded 909 they better make it capable of swaping the channels. When they released the first model they promoted it as the Scratch Perverts inspired mixer. Only problem is you can't swap channels. So when you want to do the Euro-Scratch...you can't unless you plug your turntables hamster-style

Guest petesasqwax

I'm gonna jump in the ring with an early guess of £1500

I just can't comprehend spending anywhere near that sort of money on a mixer. I always went for the £300-400 ball park of the 05-Pro & that felt like enough to pay, personally.

£1500 is so many other things before a mixer, for me at least

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

I guess there's a gap in the market for a 2-channel serato battle mixer coming in at around £800.

If it's much more than that nobody will buy it, that's Rane territory.

• Like 1

I guess there's a gap in the market for a 2-channel serato battle mixer coming in at around £800.

That was actually the price for this unit (based on manufacturing costs and standard mark-ups) until they printed the word "Pioneer" on it... then it immediately went up by £500.

It is pretty ugly. I'd be interested tho but figure it will be anywhere from $1500-$3000. I wouldn't be interested at those prices.

If it's much more than that nobody will buy it, that's Rane territory.

I get the feeling the Pioneer people sit around in board meeting saying things like "of course the disc jockeys will buy this to rave on. It says PIONEER right there on the front. It's gonna be a hit! Take that Rane!"

• Like 1

are pioneer making the move into the DVS market with record box, or will it have Serato built in?

were Serato possibly supposed to be moving from solely dealing with RANE? or did i hear wrong?

but yeah. mixers are too fucking expensive. Plus yeah, it looks pretty ugly.

especially in argentina, and especially on argentine wages.

eg RANE 62 on argentine version of ebay for 45,000 pesos, which is over 3,000 dollars. (even using black market dollars...official rate closer to 4,000)

I just bought a moderately broken 57 so i'm happy for now.

are pioneer making the move into the DVS market with record box, or will it have Serato built in?

were Serato possibly supposed to be moving from solely dealing with RANE? or did i hear wrong?

but yeah. mixers are too fucking expensive. Plus yeah, it looks pretty ugly.

especially in argentina, and especially on argentine wages.

eg RANE 62 on argentine version of ebay for 45,000 pesos, which is over 3,000 dollars. (even using black market dollars...official rate closer to 4,000)

I just bought a moderately broken 57 so i'm happy for now.

Oh shit. I just assumed this would have Serato built in. Didn't even think that this might be the Trojan horse to push record box. Brilliant if you think about it. Have a mixer with DVS built in for half the price of Serato--taking a page right out of the NI playbook.

It looks like poo. The layout looks terrible and does not resemble anything like the 909 other than having 'Pioneer' on it.

Talking with my buddy on the weekend about how the new TRX is the 'all you need' 2 ch. mixer in the sub $500 range. But IMO the Z2 takes the cake for budget friendly 2 Ch. mixers. I'm sure this thing is going to be well over 1K. I'll stick to my 909 with thoughts of throwing an SL2 or DS1 in it.

Guest rasteri

Oh shit. I just assumed this would have Serato built in. Didn't even think that this might be the Trojan horse to push record box. Brilliant if you think about it. Have a mixer with DVS built in for half the price of Serato--taking a page right out of the NI playbook.

I'm fairly sure that's a Serato logo at the bottom left.

I'm fairly sure that's a Serato logo at the bottom left.

Missed that. Derp.