Technics with +/- 50%...

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

yeah its lighter to the touch, but not in a massively detrimental way. the od stab needs a bit more of a push but no more than i find on vetax when someone has tablecloths or whatever.

my mod gives 16rpm instead of 33, so you still have the pitch slider to make adjustments. the other mod makes the pitch slider's range 50%. the advantage of that is that you can get any pitch really, but it less accurate.

on mine you can be more accurate but there are some bpm's that are tricky because of the limit of the 8% pitch range. i refer it though because im used to cutting on vestax at -50 and then messing with the fine pitch....

the needle doesnt jump as much as i thought it might, i figured i was spoiled on my pdx's but its fine

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

the needle doesnt jump as much as i thought it might, i figured i was spoiled on my pdx's but its fine

Yeah, a decent cart and correct overhang makes a much bigger difference than tonearm geometry.

Someone should really make straight arm kits for technics again though. That + ultrapitch = ultimate technics :)

Guest Symatic

Its dope mate. Really cool. Not as powerful as a vestax and the platter is a lot heavier, but it lends itself to a more subtle style of scratching i think. I can see it working really well for pitching

Guest rasteri

yeah there have been a couple of straight arm mods.... i once mounted a Rega RB250 onto my technics. sounded noice.

Yeah I think Focus had one and someone (KAB?) used to do a mod where you could swap out the tonearm like on a TTX.

Rega arms aren't technically straight btw - they're overhung offset arms like the technics but the offset comes closer to the headshell. Straight arms like the Vestax are underhung (i.e. the needle comes just short of the centre point).

That's so sick. Truth be told, I've got a controller one and I still prefer to cut on 1200s. So smoooooth. The lower torque doesn't bother me but it would never work for the C1 where you need the table to jump pitches pretty fast. I also never noticed any real advantage to straight tonearms (I rarely juggle thought).

Guest Symatic

Yeah i do t get the straight arm thing, vestax short arms distort loads when they get to the middle of a record cos the stylus is at a crazy angle....