Ruckazoid’s Quickswitch DJ controller series

i remember a couple of people used to go at the ruck hard. dissonance obviously being one of them. it's funny in a way because i always thought people were just playing into him. it was always obvious he was never going to back down but people just kept going at him. like with all arguments to outside observers everybody on the inside looked like a major dick.

ps dirty soap > wavetwisters

i remember a couple of people used to go at the ruck hard. dissonance obviously being one of them.

I called him on his shit. that is all. I let him send me ANYTHING in lieu of nothing and a refund. what he sent me was shit. not my fault. should I have been excited about a screen printed lp cover and 3d glasses, or the music? Which is it that the Ruck focuses on again?

I'm a critical dude. I analyze people's rhetoric. All i did was call the pretentious prick on his bullshit. "sacred geometry?" Yeah, I saw that documentary when it hit the torrents sites too. His current Venus project and Jacques Fresco shit.... been hip to it for three years now...shit. You guys remember Mike Reezy? He sent me a really fresh track he produced about the Venus Project over two years ago.....

Ricci's not hip to shit. He coops shit and calls it as his own. He's the Bill Gates of turntablism.

ps talk more about the venus project and rucker. i haven't been following him recently. if you're talking about all that mystic triangle and sun staring stuff. well tbh i couldn't understand any of those rants he went on. i just read the words but i took none of it in. i think my mind wasn't prepared.

i want him back. i cant remember having direct contact with him, but i remember the posts.

soon dopp, all ur opinions will be governed by DV

he's not here now? Facemelt's user image is of Ric and some chick....

my favorite was rant was the whole sun gazing thing.

signed! i remember one of his posts when he started the sun gazing thing where he said he felt like he could perceive future events. like when he was driving around l.a. he would already know beforehand if a car might bump into him.

the mp3 mind control thing was another highlight.

well the bavarian illuminati did invent mp3s and are using them to control us all and make us like wack music.

at least his diet of daily sun gazing is doing him well. he seems to have lost a lot of weight and is looking very neon these days. he must have absorbed some radiation or something.

• 5 months later...

I knew that was the Ruck, cos he signed up and instantly came to this thread.

I reckon he was on the sauce yesterday. He called out Qbert on Twitter to battle for $20,000 last night, and I was just gonna link you to it, but he's deleted it, LOL.

He pretty much clears these assumptions up here: http://bit.ly/gFWFQw

while you were hating....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVNRnzFPqR0

@Jon - This is NOT midi (it can be). Users can control ANY non-midi program as well as midi programs. This fact alone makes competition with the dicer obsolete. You can control full on stage shows with this controller. Loop rolling (as well as any function you want) can be triggered from up to 6 footpedals, along with 18 pads on each side of the deck. It has it's own hub to connect devices. Instead of leading people down the wrong path with misinfo, you should ask questions. Is that so unreasonable? This is what hate makes people do.

@diggla - Joe Ward invented the quickswitch and approached Ruck. So your whole energy and premise is based off your lack of knowledge about the situation, but you went in hard like you knew GOD told you this. You didn't find any Weapons of Mass Destruction bro. This is what hatred does, makes people preempt, instead of being learners with common ground. I would understand if he used serato like everyone else, touching a laptop, and completely out of his dj flow.. that would be pretty contradictory.... but he used it with a one of a kind controller that allows him to use his abilities to take the technology to areas that no one else is taking serato. The question you should be asking yourself is, why didn't no one else do this with the 5-6 year window of time to do it? HE enters the digital vinyl game at a higher level than it's users. This was really the level ALL OF US should of STARTED at, but there was no respect to playing methods, DVS just came in and expected everyone to press laptops and forget everything djs worked hard for.

@airnino why would he be pissed, he is signed to a major labels, and about 40% of his catalog is being licensed.

@chris This is explained here > http://bit.ly/gFWFQw . The quickswitch was the missing link, something similar should of been released the day serato unleashed their program. Controller One's features and functionality made no sense in 2005, there was nothing to bring it all together. You just had this overqualified turntable, and 1200s were still in circulation. If there was more comradeship in the dj scene, like say the web development scene, we could of had open minds about the future uses of it, and building around it. but people (like they usually do) hated, and they stopped production, so your hate has essentially put Ruck on an island of his own, with a rare turntable (only one compatible with serato and quickswitch) and a one of a kind controller that form together to create something very special. It's not about fiddling with functions bro, this is a full blow dj/production studio designed specifically to control entire shows from sound to lighting. No amount of hate can take away the large amounts of money he gets for performing at festivals with this setup.

@Steve the only B.S. is you guys hating on someone who you've never spoken to. This is 2011 man, you guys win nothing by acting like this. You certainly haven't had contact of any form with him for at least 5 years. You are acting very unreasonable, and with the wealth of knowledge he has, you guys should form an alliance and squash the beef. At least you are ready to use the things he develops even though you are verbally bashing him. :$

@dissonance I can't believe 5 years later, you are still mad about a misplaced order. I remember you were in NY taking pics with ruck, all smiles, one of ruck's biggest fans, and now you his biggest hater. You are threatening physical violence on this board bro... think about it..... What has he done to any of you personally? Nothing. He hasn't even spoken in half a decade. The worse part is, he replaced your record with something that is probably worth more than you paid for it (from your own words), so it's not about money. You tell me who's being unreasonable. Your hate and comments are unwarranted..

@dopplkorn you are experiencing group hate. First, you ask what the controller does (as a dj should) investigating innocently, and you admit knowing nothing about him, then your last response is you jumping on the hate parade. I seen diggla and all these guys basically go at you like they were a virus and you were a healthy cell, making sure everyone (all 50 people) in this forum is infected with hate. This is reminiscent of white kids in the 40s beating up a black kid, and the few white kids who knew it was wrong, felt forced to join or lose their "friends". Hate is no friend. I suggest you put your head deep in the music and get as much knowledge as you can. Ruck has records with J Dilla and countless other musical superheros, who have your friends worked with, and can call a friend?

@gizmo you should be ashamed of yourself. You're supposed to be running a non biased site called skratchworx.com, but you come to here trying to stir things up, albeit, without going as far as dissonance. There's no question of Ruck's importance to music, and with his major label cosigns in 2011, he will be making his presence known commercially. Also, he's not hiding from Q, you just have to understand that he has huge relationships to be concerned of, and no one wants to see petty beef. Ruck wanted people to retweet it, so the info was available to Q without turning his page into something dedicated to dj drama. I know this might seem unbelievable, but most people don't care about a dj... even if it's Qbert. Ruck is making music, working with Kelis, working all types of major artists directly. Qbert?

Qbert fell off , not only skill wise (especially compared to the beast that is Ruck on the cut...), but in terms of respect. He almost got jumped in SF for charging Dream One's family to perform. Dream One was the graf artist who did his scratch record covers (toasted, etc..) Dream one was shot and died, and he had a kid, and his kid's mom died shortly after, they wanted to throw a benefit for his son to raise some money.... and qbert wanted to charge the fams 1000 for him to perform... you can imagine when all the OGs there heard about that... OG GRAF heads throw down son... he had to leave early. 41Funk was the head line act anyway.. and they smashed it (with the CONTROLLER ONE) and showed the OGs that this was the future. So you go root for Q, the man of character. :rolleyes:

@MrEd You are insinuating that Ruck is a hypocrite, and he hates things he later then participates in? So because he says Dubstep is not a genre, he will begin making dubstep? Let's look at LORN'S FACT MAGAZINE interview, and see what he says.

"Absolutely. Guys like Om Unit (known as 2Tall back then), Morganistic, Le Jad, Toadstyle, Ricci Rucker, Paesano and myself included were making what would now be considered dubstep and/or beat music, but we were doing it at the beginning of the decade. At the time the 140bpm range was popular for “double time” beats because it was the perfect tempo to get really nasty with the scratching. Take a listen to Rucker’s ‘Dirty Soap’ from 2006 [released on wax in 2002/3 but digital in ’06] and you’ll hear music that easily rivals any modern electronic hip-hop record. If you ask me, this kind of music didn’t come from any continent…it came from the ether.”

How easy they forget. We both know how lorn got in the scene, they battled, and ruck gave him notoriety, he credits him for that, and lorn this year asked ruck if he could do vocals on his crush record... ruck said yes, and now they are collaborators and friends. Lorn and ruck are a perfect example of how hip hop / music "beef" should turn into creative allies. LORN, is making it clear in one of the biggest culture magazines in the world. If Ruck would of said this quote VERBATIM, you guys would be hating and denying it... this is why lorn has a level of success, cause he isn't HATING. It's cool to not like something, but you guys are on here HATING, PURE HATE.

When you LOVE your craft, you don't say the shit you guys been saying.

Nothing more needs to be said.. Your energy will not be allowed in the heavens bro. It's unwarranted. IF you guys had any type of self respect, you would create peace, and refrain from speaking out of hatred. There is even people saying "sell his record after he dies", seriously?

Just in case you missed it, this article pretty much sums it up: http://bit.ly/gFWFQw

Edited by lover