Ruckazoid’s Quickswitch DJ controller series

FLOL... Ruck on SSL... too fucking funny. And he created a SSL midi controller... Oh the irony.

The Quickswitch is a controller designed by Ricci Rucker / Ruckazoid in an effort to integrate more with most DJ’s typical turntable and mixer setups. Instead of being a box that you set near your setup, Quickswitch wraps around and slips in with equipment you’re already using. It has 120 fully customizable midi buttons.

It comes in three different flavors: Basic – $199, Deluxe – $249 and Ultimate $299 and you can pre-order it now.. Currently the piano controller (only in the ultimate version) only fits on a Technics 1200 turntable. They will be expanding to fit onto Numark & Vestax.

Check out the video below for all the details:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsrI7jOX_q8&feature=player_embedded

^^Totally.. and the Stanton SCS3d etc etc..

I find the keyboard funny as fuck tho and it even funnier that Rick "Digital sucks" Ruck designed it!

the ones which have five buttons are assignable to anything by midi. The way he has them set up is to trigger cue points in Serato/Traktor. The keyboard style pad has loop controls for serato on it for the most part. You can do this with any midi controller, he's just built them so they're thin and sit on turntables rather than next to your setup as a seperate unit like most other midi controllers.

the general philosophy around these, ie gathering around the turntables, maintaining a light yet controlled touch, and so on, is cool. the problem is, if ruck, who is a phenomenal scratcher, couldn't make the controller one sound like the future, then lending his hand to this, something he's been against for years, doesn't work either. fuck it i might as well say i invented it all, i swear it was me who ruminated on the cue point/midi possibilities of the first wave of midi capable decks and dvs systems. in fact i have a sloppy video somewhere of controlling ssl, before midi, with a keystroke converter to do some kind of melody routine. fuck it, i'm an originator. idiot.

the general philosophy around these, ie gathering around the turntables, maintaining a light yet controlled touch, and so on, is cool. the problem is, if ruck, who is a phenomenal scratcher, couldn't make the controller one sound like the future, then lending his hand to this, something he's been against for years, doesn't work either. fuck it i might as well say i invented it all, i swear it was me who ruminated on the cue point/midi possibilities of the first wave of midi capable decks and dvs systems. in fact i have a sloppy video somewhere of controlling ssl, before midi, with a keystroke converter to do some kind of melody routine. fuck it, i'm an originator. idiot.

Ric's post on Muzzle's WTK winning video:

dope cuts. I actually invented those sped up samples technique. just record your samples +50 on wax, then play it -50 on the table. I put it on UPR 1 record. I also unofficially designed that (cut off till no sound) fader for vestax, and the Controller One. Dj Focus also pioneered a lot of shit. I had to stay out the scratch scene for 4 years so djs would stop biting me. Now when I debut my shit this summer, I'll be too many songs deep for dudes to bite. -R

Nobody asked who created "sped up samples" or helped with the "instant cut-off fader" (note mini shout-out to Focus). This guy's so fucking full of himself. Even people who are tightly working with him currently, still think he's a fucking dick. I couldn't help myself and had to reply...

dope!

hey, btw. I invented the sun and thought it necessary to write a PHD dissertation on it. I also gank electro beats by famous artists, slow them down below the 45rpm they're supposed to play at...and toss them on my break records like I broke new ground.

Anyone that hasn't seen through Ricci's bullshit by now just hasn't read enough of the things he's said. The peace loving hippy that's threatened people with violence. The MP3 hater that sells his shit on iTunes. "In 5 years time I'll be the most well known and richest turntablist" - yeah, good to see that working out for ya. Dood is a living, breathing hypocrite through and through, but if this controller is any good I wouldn't let his verbal diarrhoea stop me from buying it.

Can someone explain what this is to me? Looks not particularly useful as far as I can see, i.e. you can trigger samples from assigned pads to scratch with?

the ones which have five buttons are assignable to anything by midi. The way he has them set up is to trigger cue points in Serato/Traktor. The keyboard style pad has loop controls for serato on it for the most part. You can do this with any midi controller, he's just built them so they're thin and sit on turntables rather than next to your setup as a seperate unit like most other midi controllers.

It's a neat idea for a non-problem. To me it seems not worth buying unless you are given one... You can do everything with your keyboard for free or buy the $30 overlay if you forget the buttons... or buy any host of cheaper controllers (one nano key for $50 new or much much less used). My opinion is this would be cool if they hadnt priced it like it was something you had to have... DJ MIDI accessories are redundant in nature so really only make sense buying if they are cheap... which they never are even tho they r just a crappy bit of plastic made in a sweat shop in China.

Nobody asked who created "sped up samples" or helped with the "instant cut-off fader" (note mini shout-out to Focus). This guy's so fucking full of himself. Even people who are tightly working with him currently, still think he's a fucking dick. I couldn't help myself and had to reply...

hey, btw. I invented the sun and thought it necessary to write a PHD dissertation on it. I also gank electro beats by famous artists, slow them down below the 45rpm they're supposed to play at...and toss them on my break records like I broke new ground.

LOL this is hilarious... I have noticed people always saying Ricci Rucker is a douche. Is there any threads here or info on this?

^^He is--I just remember from his now defunct forum.

I think he used to be on here b4 my time but Steve banned him... lol.

here's the back story on my beef with that pretentious blow-hard:

I ordered UPR4 from him on his website. Paypal'd him the loot. 3 months - nothing. 6 months - nothing. 9 months, still no product. I'd email...he'd jockey and delay. "They're on back order. I need to get more pressed." almost a year later he emails me and says that my copy is not going to ship, but...I'll send you the fancy screen-printed, 3-D glasses, Poly test pressing. I received it....and you can follow on the accompanying PDF file.

http://thoughtcontrol.us/misc/riccitookitbad.pdf

the day I was banned from Asis - yeah, he banned me - I received this email from the "Ruck":

Please send the record back to the return address.

I'll let my people know they have one record coming back to them.

As you might know, I've banned you from the board. There's no way someone

without the skills to defend themselves in a NON VERBAL manner is going to

have access to the site I pay for so you can vent your verbal aggression

with no consequence. Unless you have something non verbal, I can give a

shit about your half ass opinion.

As for your comparison to drexciya, that's really laughable and typical. I

was actually talking about how you were going to mention drexciya or UR in

your next post, but I deleted it to make sure my vision was clear on how I

read people. The drum programming alone is way outside of the realm of

drexciya/UR steez, much more movement and swing, less techno/house. I

think detroit minimal techno is dope for what it is, but it's undeveloped

to say the least. If there were going to be a comparison, this particular

record is more of an early r and b electro funk influence. Even then, it's

not that, it's not anything.

A comparison is a mental act of violence.

Don't worry about it, I'm not, dead the shit, we part ways, do your thing.

my response:

i'm gonna weigh my options man. but lets remember...I originally

ordered UPR4. you didn't come with it. then you offered UPR3Plus. I

said cool. then you changed your tune once again, and offered the

test pressing. at that point man, i'm just happy to get some f'n

vinyl for the loot I sent you. so, to recap, i've been patient with

you through all of the jumping about from one product to the next

I think that's some low brow shit banning me from the site. and

frankly, you wouldn't know what I have to offer with the

non-verbals...so, we'll leave that, at that.

and as far as the Drexciya/UR/Submerge connection. I've made it, your

music upon listening makes it as well...and I'm not the only one that

made it. see Handcontrol board.

so, as I stated, I'm gonna weigh my options

"Non-verbals". I'll show that tubby prick "non-verbals". Sugarnutz (sugarcutz) disappeared from D's board after threatening me there over some Palestine/Israel discussions. I should have suggested the Ruck take a field trip to NYC, I could have choked them both out on the same fucking night.

damn, I gots all kinds of interwebz drama I'm hanging on to.....

LOL... whatta dick. I hope u didn't send it back.

I woulda told him you'll send it back in a year then email him and say your sending Hee-Haw breaks instead.

LOL... whatta dick. I hope u didn't send it back.

I woulda told him you'll send it back in a year then email him and say your sending Hee-Haw breaks instead.

Nope, I've still got it. I'm gonna wait and make money off of it. All kinds of people who think his appregiator heavy, pseudo-wannabe, Drexcyia electro are going to want this piece of shit record. I'm sure I can get three times what I paid for it on ebay, now.

^^He is--I just remember from his now defunct forum.

I think he used to be on here b4 my time but Steve banned him... lol.

LOL! I should have let him stick around, cos he seemed well liked: -

Oi rucker you fat tosser! no one doubts your skills for one second in fact when you make something new were amongst the keenest to hear it.The fact is your a fucking cock.that's why everyone hates you,not cos there jealouse or don't understand your next level shit,it's because your a twat as simple as that.

Your light years behind q-bert and d-styles but we don't hate on them because there not cocoksuckers who throw a hissyfit whenever someone doesn't like there work.

Why not fuck off back to asis with all your asslicking bitches and spare us your essays.YOU FAT FUCKING CUNT.

Reading that, I can just feel the love!

• Like 1

i remember your beef with him diss

lols for days reading his essays.

he would rather type 10,000 words

than just say 'sorry man'

paging 'matter' :)

watch out for the mind ray.. fuckin lol

YO YO YO -> dubstep is barely a genre, and for there to be sub strains of it just shows how ignorant people are of the history of music.

1:08 AM Jun 18th via web

...so....

whats next on nicks' agenda?

...probably a dubstep release in 3 years time - he did probably (retrospectively) invent the genre afterall.