And the winner of the James Brown beat battle is...

DJ Rock Well

Thanks for voting for the track dudes

Im so pleased to be making sampled music again and the fact that people are liking what im doing makes it even better

Ive been away so long from doing this that id truly forgotten how much i enjoyed it in the first place but the Bob James battle gave me such a cool buzz that i just wanted to carry on and keep making more tunes

The fact that im doing it on here for these battles with you guys makes it feel extra special

Thanks again to that man Rock Well for the inspiration youve given me over the course of the time ive been a member of the forum

mate i owe you one thats for sure

i'll dedicate this win to the good ship Digital Vertigo and all the motley crew (no not those fuckers ) who sail aboard

Looking forward to the next battle guys...

• Like 4

Cheers Dan, I don't think I can take any real credit... right place, right time and all that.

Saying that, any way I can help any friend on anything music related, I will always try to do what I can. Plus, as mentioned before, this forum has been the starting point in so many ways for myself and a lot of friends too. So anything I can give back, I will.

Regardless of all that though, you're obviously very good at this sample music business and clearly enjoying it again. Keep doing what you're doing mate, you've got a real talent and we're all enjoying listening. Follow your own path and that, but where ever it takes you I think you'll find there's quite a few of us here who'll be supporting you all the way.

• Like 2

Thanks for voting for the track dudes

Im so pleased to be making sampled music again and the fact that people are liking what im doing makes it even better

Ive been away so long from doing this that id truly forgotten how much i enjoyed it in the first place but the Bob James battle gave me such a cool buzz that i just wanted to carry on and keep making more tunes

The fact that im doing it on here for these battles with you guys makes it feel extra special

Thanks again to that man Rock Well for the inspiration youve given me over the course of the time ive been a member of the forum

mate i owe you one thats for sure

i'll dedicate this win to the good ship Digital Vertigo and all the motley crew (no not those fuckers ) who sail aboard

Looking forward to the next battle guys...

I think i just got sick a little in my mouth, you practicing for the oscars or something hahahaha

PM me your address dude, so i can ship your prize ;)

• Like 1

Flex -Its my Gwyneth Paltrow moment and im making the most of it.. soon after im having an enormous public meltdown ,developing an eating disorder and refusing to get out of bed for any less than 10 thousand pounds per day...

....The sound of the door slamming etc..

i'll pm you my address before I do though hehe.. :d

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Post it?!?!?!? After Dan's award wining Oscar speech I'm surprised he's not have an 12 hours award ceremony, complete with red carpet streamed live on social media and captured by every major television broadcaster worldwide. Obviously not forgetting Rockwell dressed up in tuxedo representing DV and Flex handing Dan the prize with live step by step commentary by Morgan Freeman :((

Only joking mate congrats on a dope beat and a well earnt win :8

• Like 1

Also Flexi, I think I've spotted a flaw in your previous diet...

When you say you're not going to eat any food, only fruit and vegetables!

I spotted a flaw in your reading "just home juiced veg and fruit" one of those centrifuge jobs, it removes just the juice, no pulp at all, one small glass is like a half a cabbage, 3 sticks of celery a whole lemon, two whole cucumbers and an entire bag of kale, will not be bloody cheap by the looks of it lol.

I was gonna pretend I'm currently selecting from a pile of LPs that Dan would definitely hate for the next one...

But apart from not owning much that I think would qualify, ultimately I'm gonna have to play the kindly mother who tells all her kids they are winners on this one! The 'battle' is fun and motivation and all that but anytime anybody makes something they wouldn't have otherwise, it's a win to me. When you're talking about Dan's obvious talent and general enthusiasm for these battles, he can beat us all every month forever more and I'll still feel like I'm winning somehow.

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Spot on what Mother Rockwell said ;) I'm finding the DV sample flip challenges not only just a bit of fun to flip something I wouldn't normally think twice to look at but it also a huge motivation for myself in regards of something to do in my limited spare time take my mind off all my personal problems at the moment even if I am knocking up a load of shite :((

• Like 1