Combined Beat AND Scratch Battle - win a C&P test press!

DJ Rock Well

mixed in headphones - Check

rush job after SSS - Check

Od'ed on pancakes and stinky feet - check

I made this with the hope that someone might like it, not me. #selloutwithshitendproduct

• Like 5

mixed in headphones - Check

rush job after SSS - Check

Od'ed on pancakes and stinky feet - check

I made this with the hope that someone might like it, not me. #selloutwithshitendproduct

Was cutting over this, this morning before work. I laaaik! Very naaaice!

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Damn everyone brought the fire in this round with super duper dope beats to cut over :8 Hell even I might do a sneaky scratch entry for the next round :ph34r:

• Like 2

Loophole - welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. As alluded to above, there's plenty more to come - after this, I'll be carrying on with the usual sample flip challenges and I think this combined scratch and scratch beat battle will be a semi-regular occurence based on the response it's got. Although there are prizes this time (cheers Si!) most of it's just for fun and general self-improvement, getting more content finished and out in the world, etc.

Loving all these great beats that keep getting posted fellas (and space travelling crustaceans)!

• Like 2

Nice one Vix :8

Had a random thought at work today that perhaps some time in the future it would be super cool to make a DV looper :8

• Like 1

Nice one Vix :8

Had a random thought at work today that perhaps some time in the future it would be super cool to make a DV looper :8

Thanks mate :8

and yeahhh, nice idea of make a DV looper

Finally got around to trying my duet FireWire Jerry rigged through two adaptors to connect to USB-c on my new mac and getting no joy. Super disappointed. Was hoping to make a beat for this battle or at least hodgepodge some old with new. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen until I either figure out how to make it work or get a new interface. Pretty disappointed but also about what I expected. Good luck fellas. The beats so far are fresh. Wish I could participate.

Finally got around to trying my duet FireWire Jerry rigged through two adaptors to connect to USB-c on my new mac and getting no joy. Super disappointed. Was hoping to make a beat for this battle or at least hodgepodge some old with new. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen until I either figure out how to make it work or get a new interface. Pretty disappointed but also about what I expected. Good luck fellas. The beats so far are fresh. Wish I could participate.

Gutted. Hope you managed to get it sorted soon.

Just reading my own ramblings and the end of tonight's the beat deadline apparently.

In all honesty, I probably won't get a chance to post up the next bit til Saturday, so anybody still to post one has til the end of tomorrow night to post up their beat.

Then come Saturday, the blood bath can commence!!!

• Like 2

Oh that sucks Dirk, hope you get it sorted soon mate. I was looking forward to cutting over some badass purple drank trap -_-

• Like 1

Backtrack and Phonetic - excellent, just in time! If you'd both be able enable the download link in Soundcloud permissions, that would be great.

Si and Si - err, yeah. I must concede I didn't really think that far ahead and I don't know how to make them myself. I'm gonna post up the next bit with all the audio file links in a minute anyway... for some a downloaded file might be easier, for others a looper might make more sense. Si, if you want to make one - either for the battle or even just as an extra at a later date, go for it! I trust that you'd make it look suitably err... DV :d