POV + Traktor screen recording of my IDA set

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Sweet, i've not seen you do it that clean from all the times i've seen it. Slightly different cuts at points, too. Cool to see trktor over it too, nice work senor spielbergo.

Also, Tiger Paws in pov look really weird.

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

My fragmented mind has been blown in a zillion pieces by this wicked concept using a POV idea, it's a really cool insight on what goes on during your routines Dubba :8

How the hell do you remember it all tho?

• Like 1

How the hell do you remember it all tho?

This is just 6 mins mate, at SSS and CSBBQ for the last two years he's been doing 15 minute routines like this and at Up2Scratch he combined the two different 15 min sets into a half hour mega mix! And we're still talking about properly composed and executed routines that are at least 90% as intense as this!

• Like 1

Thanks doooods :)

Psych - I certainly discovered a new found respect for battle dj's who compete year after year, the aftermath is the fun bit, early stage prep is cool but the final push where your jus practising the set over was kinda sole destroying lol. Ultimately its down to muscle memory in regards remembering everything, practise over and over until unparalleled hatred/boredom of the set is in place.

Rastari - your winning my favourite response to date award! :)

Phil - There's still several parts in this vid that totally irk me - early hi hats in the scratch drum section, pull back on the first euro cut and the saxophone cuts in the no no no track that a far from clean. But I gave up trying to get the 100% perfect take, Im not at that standard yet and it to be honest this routine was driving me crazy in the end. If it was for DMC online for instance then I would of continued to push for a perfect take but as a promo it works fine as it is. The response Ive had on FB, getting props from Woody, contact from dj Techtools, dj city, 10k views in jus over 24hrs and all the positivity has really blown me away to be honest, well chuffed :)

• Like 1

Supreme effort and a great vid showing it. It's made me realise I have never put that much effort into anything. The vid reminds me of Smack My Bitch Up for some reason. Fun fact, for quite a while I thought POV meant "Prostitutes on Video".

• Like 2

I'm now on board with the portable setup. I've managed to swindle a cheap mac and my inno pnp is finally setup as I like. Everything has fallen into place scratch wise for me till I seen this video.

I'm now left hopelessly gagging to play around with remix decks and what not like king Dub which is going to involve learning to map tractor and buy some pads to hammer which will no doubt run into more expense

Dam you dubba and your silky skills!!

Can't you just stop being so god dam chipspicing

inspirational

• Like 2