2016 IDA UK & IRELAND videos

IDA UK & Ireland vids are starting to trickle in, I'll update thread as and when they drop

Show category winning set, Dubba Dutch :)

Wish the cut sections were tighter but overall I'm really pleased to of nailed all the cue and fx stuff, jus gotta work on my "look at the crowd and try to enjoy yourself game" #battlebeginner

Show category vice champion Dj Rasp

And a complete balls out scratch fire showcase from Dj Jeppa, Ive always really liked Jeppa's material but had little knowledge that he had this kinda stuff in his artillery!

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

God damn that was sicker then A&E Dubba, it was mouth dropping mate, I'm speechless :o How long does it take to put it all together into a routine?

I understand what you mean Dubba about looking at the crowd it's a tough one of should I or shouldn't I, but you should just enjoy yourself and do/don't look at the crowd mate. Sometimes I find it a bit cheesy and cocky when people are looking at crowd in a "look at me" kind of way, even tho that's not the vibe they are trying to give off plus you always run the risk of dropping the ball by taking your eye of it so to speak. It all comes down to how comfortable you feel mate.

DJ Rasp set was dope too and then the icing on the cake was DJ Jeppa dropping a bomb and killing it on the cuts, 45rpm stylee :8

#peopleschamp

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, LIVE. RESPECT BRO

Awesome! That's sick seeing it with all the ida graphics, all proper like that. You dun smashed it right up on that stage with your scratch hammer! Top smashing, you're a regular smasher distel.

PAUL RUALS (RULES) AUL (ALL)

• Like 1

Aha Cheers Pshyc! and Phil! :) Glad you dig, its difficult to say how long it took to develop, Unless Im planning to record a neat take video I never focus on one thing at time as I find I get board quickly. With this years songs/routines parts an ideas I started to gather bits round easter and jus float from one thing to another until stuff full's in to a place with the basic aim to have some kinda showcase in place for Bristol SSS and the CS BBQ.

My initial plan this year was to do the same thing as last year, create 15 minute showcase for SSS and CS BBQ and then film neat take studio condition videos of the individual tracks, then promote them over a couple of months. While what Im doing isn't exactly scratch fire theres a lot of Traktor based bells and whistles going on I don't see any others doing, hence I'm keen to film better camera angles to help expose whats possible combing remix decks, custom midi mappings and a lil bit of scratching.

Thats all on hold now with the world IDA finals set, with the clock ticking down to Krakow I'm focusing hard on creating a set thats geared more towards a battle set opposed to my usual approach of jus fucking around with digital dj'n until some kinda scratch music track is fleshed out in to a showcase type of thing.

And yeah I hear you on the stage presence swag, since I started doing the showcase stuff Ive been the eyes down type, try not to be distracted/fluff my shit up, but I totally get the value of looking like I'm bossing it rather than shitting my pants! If Vekked could kindly bottle some of that classic Vekked stage swag and put some up for sale I'd be first in line!

• Like 1

you look relaxed as fuck. that's a pretty good start :)

I have to credit the battle bootcamp at cut & paste HQ, While practicing my set Symatic would come flying in to the room shouting PAUL PAUL PAUL etc..... While waving his hands in my face, I even passed the huge jiggling boobs GIF test he put on his laptop in front of me mid way thru my practice sets
  • Like 2