Laptop recommendations please - pressie for my Mum!

Mike-L

I'm out of the loop with laptops at the moment. I want to get one for my Mum for christmas. She enjoys surfing on her phone so was thinking of getting one of the touch screen ones. Are there recommendations for good quality mid-range ones? I probably wouldnt want to spend much more than £500 (It will be me and my sister's paying for it). My wife got a good Sony one a few years ago (that i use now because she got a mac) but they don't do laptops anymore. Anything similar quality wise at the moment?

Also Scratch live compatibilty is not important , as i think she's ready to switch to Serato DJ.

I feel like there is no real obvious difference between most PC laptops. If you get a lemon, it's just shitty luck. For £500 looks like you can get i7 and SSD:

http://www.ebuyer.com/760636-hp-250-g5-i7-laptop-x0q77es-x0q77es-abu in a standard 15.6" format.

I've never got onboard with touchscreens on laptops or desktops but Lenovo or Microsoft seem to do loads of convertible type jobs.

• 2 weeks later...