What Music Does To Your Driving Style

danswift

http://www.thejournal.ie/how-music-affects-your-driving-2-3399185-May2017/

Interesting article here on how different genres of music effect people's driving styles

"Rock and Hip Hop are especially dangerous for drivers"

Well,we already knew that didn't we ?

that's the main reason why I always refused a lift into town back in the day from Suge Knight.. :d

Seriously though, there are obviously loads of folks here who not only listen to Hip Hop and Rap on a regular basis but also play it in the car too..does it make you drive more aggressively as opposed to other forms of music like a heavy metal track by someone like Motorhead or a rave style tune for example ?

I'd also be curious to know if people here have music or certain radio stations that they only listen to while driving and would never really play at home

( my wife is quite particular about this sort of thing ) or more to the point never in front of their mates hehe

• Like 1

My wife doesn't like me listening to relaxing/soothing/hypnotic music, such as reggae or more soulful hip hop, because I tend to zone out and not concentrate so well on the road.

Not sure if I drive more aggressively when listening to hip hop. If anything, other road users pulling out from junctions without looking, or driving up my arse because I'm not breaking the speed limit, tends to make me drive more aggressively!

• Like 1

I want to blow the entire planet up if i have YouTube or a Radio station on while im driving, YouTube on mobiles now has adverts before every song in a playlist, that just happen to be twice the volume of any song on YouTube, Radio stations have that really unfortunate design flaw, you know, Disc Jockeys that talk more than they play music, if you like the sound of your own voice that much go sing a song you annoying cunt !!

So music style no, but context, yes, i will kill everybody on the planet.

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

I want to blow the entire planet up if i have YouTube or a Radio station on while im driving, YouTube on mobiles now has adverts before every song in a playlist, that just happen to be twice the volume of any song on YouTube, Radio stations have that really unfortunate design flaw, you know, Disc Jockeys that talk more than they play music, if you like the sound of your own voice that much go sing a song you annoying cunt !!

adblock?

You should see me when I drive to D&B.

• Like 1

I listen to a lot of downtempo when I drive, which is a good thing 'cause I can be a cunt otherwise. Flipped so many people off yesterday while driving (no music) and yelled at a chick to get off her phone. Actually, now that I think about it, I was listening to Straight Outta Compton. I'm seriously getting a train horn installed in my truck specifically for people buried in their apps, and well, arrogant cyclists. And gosh, for people that cut in front of me going below the speed limit.

• Like 1

adblock?

The King Adblock that is my name, and I know the fly spot where they got the champagne.

adblock?

You cant block ads on youtube, especially on the mobile app.

You should see me when I drive to D&B.

That may well be why so many kids driving their cars are cunts over here, they are all starting to gouge the D&B again (otherwise a good thing)
  • Like 1

That's the biggest absurd I've ever heard. I've listented to rap all my life and it has never affected me in any negative way. Well, maybe I back in the days I wanted be like snoop and dre and I smoked tones of sticky green substance. But now it's over. Btw I can't understand why people ascribe different music genres wierd features. Music is Music it should not be ever treated as the way of our lives but as an addition to it. Just like tea. It does not matter if it is green tea, yellow tea, or fucking PG which you drink before, during and after work.