Funds For Friends EP - help raise £££ for DJ Daredevil!

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

Sup peeps

please dig deep and help raise some extra cash for DJ Daredevil as he recovers from a grueling battle with cancer.

he kicked that tumorous little bastard's ass but he is in for a long recovery period and could definitely do with some financial support!

A little crew of us put together these tracks to encourage some donations - all funds go direct to Daredevil!

THANK YOU!

https://fundsforfriends.bandcamp.com/

a0498069139_16.jpg

"This album is dedicated to raising funds for our friend DJ Daredevil

In December 2016 Ben Smith a.k.a. DJ Daredevil rapidly lost the use of his lower body. After suffering months of back pain his feet and legs began to swell, and within a week he could no longer walk. He was admitted to hospital just before Christmas, where he was diagnosed with a fast growing cancer called Burkitt's Lymphoma. A large tumour was found on his spine, causing nerve damage and paralysing him from the waist down.

Ben had been undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment at St Bart's hospital in London until April 2017. He is determined to get back on his feet in the future, however the recovery time is likely to be a matter of years. He currently rents a 4th floor flat in a building with no lift, and so urgently needs to arrange specially adapted accommodation for when he is discharged.

We're sending every penny we make from the sales of this album directly on to Ben.
Your funding will contribute towards the many costs Ben now faces: accommodation, disability adaptations, equipment, care and living costs.

Thank you to everyone helping out!"

• Like 4

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Grappled!!!!!!!!

I would have just done him some more cash if he'd wanted it, i'm just trying to save up a deposite for a flat he's trying to live his life again, it's no contest really.

I did it whilst listening to this which made it seem super intense

Everyone give him cash whilst listening to this! It's an order on both counts!

• Like 1

Done and done. Would be really nice if there were more tracks, at least 10-15, especially given all the talent on this forum. At this point, I would actually feel better just contributing the money compared to receiving a small album in return. In any case, what matters most is that Ben receives enough loot to accommodate his needs. Thanks Sy for the efforts and energy contributing to Daredevils disability adaptions, etc. Much respect.

Peace.

Guest Symatic

thanks guys

yeah we should a put more peeps on the album - it was a kinda spur of the moment thing really - and then life makes things take take ten times longer than they should :)

but the person who's idea it was was actually Manipulate - he suggested it right before the Qbert gig we did back in March.... so props to him for the idea!

• Like 2

Argh, you thanked me and now it's not an altruistic act*! ;) It's probably better to keep more peeps off this one cos then you can do other eps if he needs any more bux.

And props to Jim for the idea!

Yo Phil, I'm down to contribute towards said flat. If you have a PayPal account, I'll post you some funds and more as they arise.

Damn son, i'm a big soppy guy so this almost made me cry. That's ridiculously generous of you. Perhaps down the line i might take you up on it if i have any stupid fees cme up i have to pay or something like that, but i'll try and do it myself as much as possible just cos it's a source of pride that i'm together and stable enough to even try to do it myself these days, it'll means so much to me if i can do it by myself. You're a true gent, young man! Infinite props to your bad self.

• Like 2

Word, thanks man. And yeah, totally understandable. I just like to help; I'm kinda shifting my focus from constantly craving things to donating to and assisting others in true need. It's consuming my attention on the daily. Anyways, yes, if odd fees come up, hit me up.

Peace.

PS - I'm the big soppy type too.

PPS - There's no PPS.

• Like 1

PPS - There's no PPS.

This made me lol

Honestly, I jacked that statement from Lobo, a funny motherfucker from the old Skratchcon/TTNN days. Really wish he was part of this forum, dude always made me laugh.

I love all the OG's on this here board. Seriously. So many people I know, that I didn't know. Even if we knew the same character. Virtually.

Why I don't have a girlfriend I have no wonder.

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Purchased and its proper dope :8 Everyone cop this now, do a good deed and help Daredevil on his long recovery period. You never know what the future holds, you might need a good deed yourself!

I would have just done him some more cash if he'd wanted it, i'm just trying to save up a deposite for a flat.

Nice one Dude :8 Always down to help out so If you need a hand packing, moving or need somewhere to store some stuff then hit me up mate.

• Like 2

Nice one buddy! It'll probably be a while given the house prices round here to my pay ratio, arf! I'd be a grand nearer if i hadn't gone to Galway, but it was more than worth it god dammit!

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

I take Galway to saving any day Phil ;) yeah no worries drop me a line when your close man :)