Best sounding Ahhh and fresh

Backtrack

Hi all,
What is the best Ahhhh and fresh on any record (individually)? The original is not the best and not valid answer just so you know.
There must be a million different pressings that are EQed and compressed in so many ways.
What are you favorites and also (just for fun) what are your most disliked.

Hi all,

What is the best Ahhhh and fresh on any record (individually)? The original is not the best and not valid answer just so you know.

There must be a million different pressings that are EQed and compressed in so many ways.

What are you favorites and also (just for fun) what are your most disliked.

Superseal was the OG great ahh. I like the newer Scratch Science ahhs too, but not the older ones. Ruck also put up a digital battle record thing with a single ahh that sounded really good and is pretty much the only one I've used in Serato and digital format because it sounds kinda warm and analog.

Dislike a lot of the other skipless Dirtstyle ahhs, and UPR1 ahhs.

• Like 1

As Vekked said the newer Scratch Science are really well sounding on aahh's and freshhhh's !! And you can can also find those samples really good sounding on the "just for your hand" records as well (Diess Prod) but they're not skipless on those... Worth it if you want to sample in serato or traktor, or if you have that needle that sticks on the record...

I also think that if you have skillz in sound recording and EQing you can manage to do just what you're looking for if using digital...

I believe old school scratch records were not as good as the latest pressings you can find on the market.

Worst aahh's were on a DJ Rectangle breakbeat that I've had for years now. Plus it was a white pressing and you can't see shit on it, like where you wanna put the needle on...

CNP's are dope though ;) So grab one and you shouldn't be disappointed !! (do I get one for free sayin' this for free ?)

where is the original "aaahh"-sample actually coming from by the way?

i liked noisy stylus and scratch science (grasshoper breaks) most. never liked the dirtstyle records to be honest. my 1st scratch-record used to be dj flare's hee haw brayks

i liked noisy stylus and scratch science (grasshoper breaks) most. never liked the dirtstyle records to be honest. my 1st scratch-record used to be dj flare's hee haw brayks

At the end of this:

• Like 2

Guest broke

If you've cut with me on DV you might have noticed I have a favourite ahh sound, it's a record I'll switch to just for the ahh. I don't really cut with 'fresh' much, but my favourite fresh is on Superseal, one of the three freshes in the same loop where each one has been EQed differently (the ones with the '-sh' part missing).

At the end of this:

this is awesome! thanks dude

haha glad i finally know it

The best 'Ahhh' is on superseal. I've had mine for 6 years and I'm still using it on regular basis. It's better then most from scratch science, however I love the "fresh" from enter the scratch game 3 cuz its a bit shorter than the original I mean there is no this shit GAP between "free" and "shh"

I personally have always felt the ahhh & fresh from the first skratch loop on tigerstyle's zero record was my personal favorite.

just something about the way those two sound make it my go to wax for just kutting ahhh or fresh.

Guest Symatic

The super-seal "ahh" is supposedly just strait off the Fab 5 Freddy record with no effects or anything.

yeah but so is the Ahhh on Cadence With Rhythm and Flow........ and it came out not so good.

dont forget that to record a sound from one vinyl and put it onto another it would go like this at a minemum:

play the record, using a STYLUS, on a TURNTABLE with a certain TONE ARM and CABLES that goes into a PHONO PRE AMP that goes through more CABLES into a DAC that then goes through whatever COMPUTER or SAMPLER you are using before being adjusted for volume by a HUMAN listening on SPEAKERS via a SOUNDCARD which are all in a ROOM and then once they are happy with it it goes to another HUMAN to cut onto a MASTER DISK via another SOUNDCARD and CABLES and CUTTING HEAD with a certain STYLUS on a LATHE which is all in another ROOM. This disk then has to get to the PRESSING PLANT before it DETERIORATES to the point you can notice the sound difference and then it is ELECTROPLATED more than once before the final NEGATIVE is used to press 1000's of copies out of MELTED PVC.

every one of those words in capital letters is a point at which the sound can and will change in some way...... so even before deliberately fucking with it, the sound is very likely to be changed one way or the other.......

• Like 1

At the end of this:

I thought the original "ahhh" sample was from Chic - Le Freak!?

I'm pretty much gonna echo previous comments...

Superseal was THE Ahhh back in the day.

In more modern times the one on ETSG3 is good. I found the earlier Scratch Science records waaayyy too over compressed. They cut through but are so one dimensional and shouty to my ears, plus the Ahhh barely fades out. But the 3rd Enter was much better, shame about the overall quality of content though. As Karol mentioned above though, I do like the way they shortened the Fresh so the two syllables are closer and on beat.

Guest broke

My favourite is the long, pitched down hollow Sounding one on sealed breaks I think?

Yep I prefer that to Superseal. Also, it's at the end of the side near the runout, which is always good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...