JDDX2R Fader Pops Super Loud?

So I got a couple of those little faders and have it set up for the kids to scratch on portables whenever they want. Thing driving me crazy tho is one is a Raiden and it pops a tiny bit since it's not powered but not super bad and the other is the JDDX2R which is so loud it's unbearable and completely worthless. Is this the norm with that fader or is there something wrong with mine?

My experience with the Raiden VVT and the JDDX2R (not as much) is that for every time I used them, I had to clean them before, and during my session. They were great when they worked tho.

Make sure your kids dont have cheeto hands when they hop of the decks. Probably way worse on the fader than regular dust.

• Like 1

Have you tried cleaning it with alcohol (none of that caig bullshit)? My experience is that the jdxx2r is sensitive to dust, but once you clean the board and contacts and wipe it good it becomes almost popless.

are you using it with a beat through the aux or only the turntable plugged in?

Nice! I bet that's it. Because at first it was fine but very quickly got louder and louder till now the pop is twice as loud as the music and record (and yes, playing with aux through most the time).

Guest rasteri

Those passive faders are always gonna click, unfortunately :( The RXI-F1/F2 shouldn't though, and the JDDX2RS for the PT-01scratch doesn't (much).

• Like 1

I had one of those and messaged JD himself about the popping, he said - "when everything is plugged in and running and it starts popping simply unplug the audio coming out of the turntable then plug it back in. Popping stops"

Hope it helps, it worked for mine.

ahh just came across this which pretty much says the same. http://www.zendell.uk/LINKS/JDDX2R_Fixes.pdf

• Like 2