DMC ONLINE 2017

savwar

Hi DVers, I uploaded an entry and would love to get your feedback on it. Really respect your opinions, which is why I'm a participant on these here boards.

http://www.dmcdjonline.com/view/26miDxZQXo/

Some of my favorites from Round 1 include Dayvers and Nino Leal, and of course Brewhaha.

FUCKING DOPE! Man... the first few flips were great but I literally LOL'd like foreal out loud when you dropped the "Dum" bit and the follow up juggle was great. It's really awesome to see an OG getting involved. Its so good for the DJ world as a whole. Well done man!

• Like 2

Hi DVers, I uploaded an entry and would love to get your feedback on it. Really respect your opinions, which is why I'm a participant on these here boards.

http://www.dmcdjonline.com/view/26miDxZQXo/

Mike, those are some seriously funky juggles! Loved it!! Will def vote today at some point - You should start your own thread about this so more people see it...

• Like 1

nice routine dude

i really appreciate you havent done this typical 30 second intro where some vocals talk about how whack everyone is while the DJ makes stupid gestures and points towards the camera

that was cool in 1988 but i cant see it anymore and it looks like 90% of the DMC participants still do this

i like your routine a lot, well done :)

If Brewhaha did something about his awful tune selection he'd be a shoe-in for the title. That one handed stuff with the ups is next level.

Mike C: I hear you on the E-40 thing. I always avoided E-40 until I got introduced to My Ghetto Report Card and now I'm hooked. Ugghhhhhh...

Your routine is tight and funky - nicely done! I agree with MA that you should start a separate thread to get more exposure.

Thanks guys. Trust me, I did my fair share of funny wordplay intros back in the day, haha. But I can't get as excited about them anymore now that all it takes is to push a button or pre-record something.

I do have a thought about Buruaaa's music selection: it isn't my favorite either. But whenever I catch myself rolling my eyes at another DJ using EDM or whatever in a battle, I have to remind myself: we claim that the turntable is a musical instrument, right? And if most musical instruments - such as guitars or drums, for example - are used in all kinds of music from jazz to rock to country: should we maybe be more open to non hip-hop people participating in this shit? Just some food for thought.

As for me: I'm still a DJ, not just a "turntablist." So yeah, I personally have to use music that I actually fucks with. "Choices" is my current favorite E-40 joint.

I have no idea‥ why is he 7th place?

cos he's probably busy working on his 6 min routine for the next round rather than asking people to vote. He only needs to finish top 10 then the judges will likely vote him in the top 2 to progress to final. If for some weird reason he didn't get top 2 this round he still has another 6 or so he can enter for.

should we maybe be more open to non hip-hop people participating in this shit? Just some food for thought.

I guess I meant to say I'd rather listen to him cutting up something else. It shouldn't affect how the judges vote because he is super good.

I'm open to all kinds of music being cut up in a comp, I'm just not into what he's using.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Skills are on point, but his music selection.. Do people listen to this in their car on a normal drive? Good lord..

I'm in total agreement here. This kid's got skills for days, but that music selection is seriously horrific sounding .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest broke

atleast he isn't biting a-trak routines or dwells patterns this time

Kids that age learn by absorbing everything around them. When he gets older and his own personal style and taste becomes more defined, he'll be unstoppable.

• Like 3

Kids that age learn by absorbing everything around them. When he gets older and his own personal style and taste becomes more defined, he'll be unstoppable.

Kids that age need to get off my lawn!!

• Like 1

ohh yeah definitely, Dwells had the same progression up to his 2015 us set