Moby Remix Competition

djdiggla

I won't be taking part as I'd like the original song to die and fade into non existence as quickly as possible.

Remixing it would simply help it live on, that being an act of which we should not encourage.

• Like 3

C'mon, Go is a classic (or the decent remix of it is).

It is until you play 'Laura Palmer's theme' by Angelo Badalamenti, throw on a generic house pattern on a 909 drum machine and occasionally shout "Go"

Well fuck me! never knew that

Even better, you know his late nineties album that went on to soundtrack every bland advert and shit dinner party for about five years? The one with all the blues, gospel and work song samples? Of course you do!

Well, all but one (maybe two) of the samples for that came of a single compilation CD released a year or two before he released his album. Just one double CD comp of old recordings made mostly by Alan Lomax - I've had it turn up secondhand at work a couple of times. Even though I hated what he did with those samples, for a moment I almost respected him for his deep crates musical knowledge. But no, he just went into Tower Records (possibly), bought a compilation CD and thought "This is catchy... and out of copywrite... I think I know how I can get rich off this!!!"

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

YOU GUYS ARE ALL RACISTS AGAINST MOBY

That's a tad harsh Deft I'm not a racist, I fucking love Moby

To do us all a favour and slip into a coma, so I can unplug his machine and show him how to programme a drum machine

• Like 1

lol @Rock Well

my problem with Mobes is because of his sanctimonious and attention seeking attitude

just as much as his music which everybody knows is shit anyway

it must be so fucking terrible for him to have sold ten gazillion copies of that horrific lp and to have made

a few million bucks off the back of some dusty old blues spirituals he sampled plus all of the loot from a thousand TV commercials trying to sell you cars you dont need or washing powder or whatever the fuck it was

every track bar one on Play was licensed to massive corporations before the album was even released..

it was all one big fat greasy palmed marketing campaign

i wonder how he manages to get to sleep at night with all the worry

how can you say youve been having a mid life crisis since the age of 4 and pretend to be unhappy when that buys you a mansion in the Hollywood Hills ?

''i say Moby old chap it must make you feel just plain awfull having to live amongst all of this splendour''

one minute hes crying into his cornflakes with soya milk to the first availiable lazy music hack whos prepared to listen to him bleat on about how caring ,sensitive and depressed he is and in the next paragraph he'll be boasting about taking a shitload of coke and banging supermodels and being mates with Bono from U2 and David Bowie

he should just be honest and either give all of his money away to Greenpeace and the homeless or do the world a favour and hurl Keith Richards or Mick Jagger off a 5 star hotel balcony in the South of France

hes a fraud just like the music he makes

• Like 1

just went into Tower Records (possibly), bought a compilation CD and thought "This is catchy... and out of copywrite... I think I know how I can get rich off this!!!"

Props for being hip to copyright law tho. I mean... it's smart.

C'mon, Go is a classic (or the decent remix of it is).

It is until you play 'Laura Palmer's theme' by Angelo Badalamenti, throw on a generic house pattern on a 909 drum machine and occasionally shout "Go"

Well fuck me! never knew that

Even better, you know his late nineties album that went on to soundtrack every bland advert and shit dinner party for about five years? The one with all the blues, gospel and work song samples? Of course you do!

Well, all but one (maybe two) of the samples for that came of a single compilation CD released a year or two before he released his album. Just one double CD comp of old recordings made mostly by Alan Lomax - I've had it turn up secondhand at work a couple of times. Even though I hated what he did with those samples, for a moment I almost respected him for his deep crates musical knowledge. But no, he just went into Tower Records (possibly), bought a compilation CD and thought "This is catchy... and out of copywrite... I think I know how I can get rich off this!!!"

I used to think some of the tracks off that album were alright, now tho..........

Also yes he is a cunt

• Like 1

• 6 months later...