Moby Remix Competition

djdiggla

I used to really dislike Moby but after seeing his sampler collection and studio I changed my mind. Guy isn't my style but knows his shit.

Anyways, there's some remix comp based around his new album. It would be rad if the DV crew all entered. We got some real talent on here.

Links:

https://metapop.com/pages/promos/moby-remix-competition-dont-leave-me?utm_source=ello&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=moby

https://ello.co/metapop

OCT 26 is the deadline.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

The thing is, it's making something that the people running the comp actually like, not making something that's good per se.

I've entered nuff remix competitions over the years and never came anywhere close. Is it because I'm shit? Who knows, but I'm clearly not doing what they're looking for.

• Like 1

That's true

The thing is, it's making something that the people running the comp actually like, not making something that's good per se.

I've entered nuff remix competitions over the years and never came anywhere close. Is it because I'm shit? Who knows, but I'm clearly not doing what they're looking for.

Plus that original track is horrible, wtf are you supposed to do with those stems.

I haven't heard it yet either. I'm expecting it to be pretty horrible.

Moby...

i remember when that fucking 'Play' album dropped and suddenly he was everywhere

always speaking solemnly on some subject or issues he was supposed to know something about

vegetarianism..youth culture..architecture ..politics..

or talking utter bollocks about making pancakes or his favourite bloody herbal tea

and we're supposed to care..?

fuck him..

he actually utters the phrase in an interview i read a while ago

''My therapist kept asking me to name some things i did well,

i mentioned making smoothies''

at least they didnt ask him about his fucking music

twat...

the only people who listen to Moby by choice are cunts...what ?...oh yes they are ..

so make sure you tell them that they are

he cant even programme a drum machine for fucks sake ..the shit that comes right out of the box when you buy the drum machine sounds better than the beats he 'produced'

ive watched videos of cats on Youtube

that can play the fucking piano better than him ..you may laugh at this claim

but i nearly posted one to prove it..

good God what a travesty...the only sounds in his music that could even be recognized as human expression were the sampled voices of black men and women singing the blues

goodbye Mopey

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Shit hot I've entered and named my entry "The great untalented adventures of a dick called Moby and his glorious wankfest"

• Like 4

Moby...

i remember when that fucking 'Play' album dropped and suddenly he was everywhere

always speaking solemnly on some subject or issues he was supposed to know something about

vegetarianism..youth culture..architecture ..politics..

or talking utter bollocks about making pancakes or his favourite bloody herbal tea

and we're supposed to care..?

fuck him..

he actually utters the phrase in an interview i read a while ago

''My therapist kept asking me to name some things i did well,

i mentioned making smoothies''

at least they didnt ask him about his fucking music

twat...

the only people who listen to Moby by choice are cunts...what ?...oh yes they are ..

so make sure you tell them that they are

he cant even programme a drum machine for fucks sake ..the shit that comes right out of the box when you buy the drum machine sounds better than the beats he 'produced'

ive watched videos of cats on Youtube

that can play the fucking piano better than him ..you may laugh at this claim

but i nearly posted one to prove it..

good God what a travesty...the only sounds in his music that could even be recognized as human expression were the sampled voices of black men and women singing the blues

goodbye Mopey

LOOOLZZZ

Man, one of the biggest arguments I've every had with a woman was about how much Moby sucks. She really, really, reallllllllyyyyy liked Moby. Which says a fucking lot about someone.

• Like 1

Deft is right yall. Where would we be without innovators like Suge Knight, Diddy, Vanilla Ice, Steve Aoki and Paris Hilton? Nowhere that's where. And doubly so without Moby.

C'mon, Go is a classic (or the decent remix of it is).

It is until you play 'Laura Palmer's theme' by Angelo Badalamenti, throw on a generic house pattern on a 909 drum machine and occasionally shout "Go"

Naaah . Diss Moby & love Twin Peaks all you want but "Go" is still ill.

• Like 1

As much as I want to say you're wrong I can't because it's true.

I'm talking all this shit and still totally gonna do a remix. I can't help myself.

• Like 2

C'mon, Go is a classic (or the decent remix of it is).

It is until you play 'Laura Palmer's theme' by Angelo Badalamenti, throw on a generic house pattern on a 909 drum machine and occasionally shout "Go"

Well fuck me! never knew that

• Like 1

Moby once released a track back in 1993 that was 1000 bpm in tempo

He did that for one reason only

Because he is a cunt

The song was called Thousand and it was absolutely fucking horrendous

I remember how much i wanted to kill him the instant i first heard it ..

Nothing has changed my mind since..

In an ideal scenario i'd like to dress up as a killer clown and chase Moby through the deserted streets of downtown Manhattan at 3 a.m in the morning armed with a rusty meat cleaver while simultaneously recording him screaming and pleading for mercy

Now thats something of his that i could happily listen to all day long..

Hey now, if skrillex chose to remix thousand it can't be that bad a tune.

What is this place turning into..

The Moby Defence League ??.. :d

that Skrillex remix is just as bad as the original version..