The track/sample IDs thread

Steve

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

might not be it, but its the same sample. cant find the instrumental on youtube. i got this on 12 inch. need to see if the instrumental is on it.

although it's mad close I actually dont think that's the same sample. Although it's the same chord/key, the orchestration is different.

thats from this i thought, at 2:16. could be wrong of course

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Driving me mental that i can't remember what the first tune on his left deck is, with the Beat this sample.

I know but just can't name it.

Steve pleaaaassseeeeee!

**EDIT haha i'm an idiot, right at the end it says 'looking for the perfect beat'

but does the original have the "beat this" in it?

btw was there a thread here, or a site somewhere with the popular scratch samples and their original sources?

• Like 1

Aye, "Looking for the Perfect Beat" is the original source of the "beat this" sample. On the 12" version it's said a few times, but the scratch sample is the first time it's said, just before the 4 minute mark. IIRC, on the 7" it's right at the end of the track.

There was a thread on here about original sources of scratch samples. If I can find it, I'll bump it for you.

EDIT - Either the search on here sucks or I'm misremembering things and it was posted on DJ Forums, but there was a definitely a thread that broke down the OG sources of the commonly used scratch samples either here or over on DJF.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's another for you STEVE!!!

although i'm pretty sure you'll know it straight away

I have known it before but cant remember..

Also it's your fault as i was looking up german djs from the early 2000's to try and find out who the muscly chap is...

20 seconds in, the 80s track with the whistley chorus.

• 4 weeks later...

@Steve I hope you know this one because I think I originally got the track from you. Dag (I have it as DAG on my computer)- Suckas Lack. Who the hell is that person. I can't even find a trace of him on the internet.

• 4 months later...

I was in the grocery last week and herd this song. I've heard it before but can't put my finger on who it is... driving me crazy. It sorta reminds me of You and I by Rick James. but it's a little more aggressive and the part that stuck in my head is something like "everybody's a sinner babe (guitar) [duna-duna-duna-duna-duna-du-na-na-nuh-na-na]". Total worthless clue, I know... not even 100% that's what the lyrics were... anyways... driving me nuts for a week so thought I'd ask if anyone had a guess.

Lolz I thought maybe you meant that track but surely it was going to be less well known!

That was the worst part! I'd heard it so many times!