when using serato

mattnice

always by ear, it's what I'm used to, the waveform isn't acurate enough and it's no fun matching up lines on the screen...it can be useful if there are issues with the monitoring in the club though.

I use both and like the visual system as an add to my ear esp if there is no monitor or if the sound system sucks.

...but my friend uses no headphones ever and does it by eye ...but he said he used to practice that way prior to serato too... so go figure.

lol to be honest looking at the wav form is what taught me how to mix.

But now i do it by ear mostly, I like the visual side of it because it quite handy to see when breaks are going to happen in the song. Especially since I tend to play songs i haven't really played/heard before.

Although sometimes it annoying that i learnt that way because if I am watching someone else on serato, I can tell if the mix is in time or not. I just find myself looking at the screen lol.

Do you mix by ear or use the wave form to match em?

If I'm mixing anything with programmed or looped beats that hold perfect time like hip hop, house ect. then just by ear as normal.

The only time I use the waveforms is if I'm mixing live drums. I use it to pull the record into time here n there.

But now i do it by ear mostly, I like the visual side of it because it quite handy to see when breaks are going to happen in the song. Especially since I tend to play songs i haven't really played/heard before.

Although sometimes it annoying that i learnt that way because if I am watching someone else on serato, I can tell if the mix is in time or not. I just find myself looking at the screen lol.

yes it can be a bit annoying :d

\shhhhhh, what would you do without me :p

When i read that about 15 inappropriate responses ran through my mind.. I'll just keep'em to myself though

oh and to answer your question matt.... STFU

Ps; I love you

When i read that about 15 inappropriate responses ran through my mind.. I'll just keep'em to myself though

oh and to answer your question matt.... STFU

Ps; I love you

ROFL!

That's prob best Ryan .