Games that you're really good at?

Steve

I'm pretty average at most games, but every gamer has certain titles that they're really good at. What are yours?

Pinball FX 2 (Xbox 360) = I'm in the top 20-30 on some of the tables out of maybe 30,000 players.

Dragon's Lair (Arcade) = I can't do it any more, but I used to be able to complete this on 1 credit without dying. Not a major feat though really, considering it only involves memorising the sequence of moves as it's the same every game.

Discs of Tron (Arcade) = I used to love this back in the day and I'd usually be able to top the high score table in arcades.

I've always been good at first person shooters, whatever the format.

I used to kick ass at Counterstrike on the PC - think my best score in 30 mins was 74-4 (Dunno if any one used to play it but around 30 kills used to be considered pretty good).

i got pretty good at MW2 in the end too, there was a period when I was properly addicted where I'd win pretty much every game I was in.

I'm still pretty good at golden eye too, my bro's probably the only person who's ever won against me regularly.

Shame you couldn't quantify those old games like you can these days.

I suck at first person shooters, but I've never really played them beyond the single player campaigns or zombie mode on World at War. I think I've done about 5 hours on Black Ops multiplayer since it came out last year, which is fuck all. I'm not even gonna bother buying Modern Warfare 3, cos I know I'll end up playing the single player (which will no doubt be short) and then never touching it again.

I'm pretty shit at most games, rarely play anything but I can get to an acceptable level as fast paced FPS games (last ones I played were Unreal Tournement & Quake 3 Arena) the slower wandering about on a big battle field/more strategic stuff I'm not so good at. Its got to be run, shoot, run away.

Saying that I'm not good by any serious gamers standards but I can get to a level where I can hold my own for a bit. Also it's got to be keyboard & mouse, can't do game controllers.

Used to be really good at Counter Strike. Never bothered with 'free for all' but played 5on5 in a clan back in the day and went to tournaments and stuff. But I also played practise matches with my team for about 3 hours everyday and a lot more on weekends!

I've always been pretty decent at most FPS games, but I never play them anymore. I find single player boring and you have to invest so much time in it to be able to compete online, so nowadays I only play RPG's :)

Used to be really good at Counter Strike. Never bothered with 'free for all' but played 5on5 in a clan back in the day and went to tournaments and stuff. But I also played practise matches with my team for about 3 hours everyday and a lot more on weekends!

I've always been pretty decent at most FPS games, but I never play them anymore. I find single player boring and you have to invest so much time in it to be able to compete online, so nowadays I only play RPG's :)

Didn't know that.

When did you used to play it? I played it since Beta 6.6 until the released it on the HL2 engine, then I stopped playing it so much as I don't think it was as good (although I still played a bit).

What clan were you in? I was in [R!F], think we got to number 10 on the clan base ladder at one point, although that's probably pretty shit actually, it wasn't hard to move up.

I'm the most inconsistent gamer in the world. one day i'm putting up great scores that makes me look like some type of beast the next i'm switching off the console because i'm embarrassing myself. For example in a game of domination on black ops i got 103 kills, the average player will get anywhere from 20 to 30 in a 10min match of dom. Then theres times i go the first 5 mins of a match without getting a kill. Weird.. It also has nothing to do with the caliber of players this can happen in the same lobby the same day

I was ranked 300 in the world leader boards of deathmatch in GTA out of like a million people (Before modded controllers)

Didn't know that.

When did you used to play it? I played it since Beta 6.6 until the released it on the HL2 engine, then I stopped playing it so much as I don't think it was as good (although I still played a bit).

What clan were you in? I was in [R!F], think we got to number 10 on the clan base ladder at one point, although that's probably pretty shit actually, it wasn't hard to move up.

Wow you're oldschool! :) I started just when 1.3 was released and when I stopped it was 1.6. I tried CS: Source but yeah I agree it wasn't that good.

I was in [POLO] and a more serious clan called [s7] but we didn't play Clanbase or online ladders, too much lag :). We played PCW's online just via IRC, but real matches we only played on LAN. Don't really know any English teams apart from 4kings.

Speedball 2 on Amiga (I made 1st place in the main division with Brutal Deluxe)

Super Mario Kart (the original from 1992) in Battle Mode (there is nobody stopping me)...we used to play best of 9 where the loser had to roll one up

Excite Bike (Ultra 64)

Goldeneye (Ultra 64) completed the game in 007-mode (too much time spent on that one)

Nowadays I play a little bit of Advanced Wars on the Nintendo DS...but really rarely

I did equal the world record for the first level on sonic 2 on the megadrive, i didn't know until i think i saw it on gamesmaster or something, and i completed it on the same day that i got it, i was 11.

Been a big fan of rts's , red alert 3, had to stop playing c&c 4 becuase it became too easy. Been playing starcraft 2 wayyy too much, but no where near as good as the pro's, - yep thats right in korea u can be a pro sc2 gamer in the televised esports league !

Skate 3. Out of all of my mates, I'm probably the best. And all the Tony Hawks...I pretty much rocked all of them. First person shooters I really suck at. I love jump and run games tho...but wouldn't say I ever really "competed" or something in any of them...

i generally murder people at most of the older fighting games. i never memorize moves or combos or anything, im just really good at timing and anticipation. my friends and i get pretty competitive at: Dr. Mario, Carcassone, and Puzzle Fighter.

I used to rape dreamcast. The original Soul Calibur was my jam, I could beat the game on hardest difficulty with my feet, lol. I used to be pretty sick at Brood War and could crush most people on North American servers but I was avg on Korean servers. I've been trying my hardest never to play SC2 because I know it will ruin my life.

mind games.

I suuuck at first person shooters. I'm the guy on the couch jumping, dropping his controller and squealing, leaning around corners, and getting his ass capped.

ditto

Same. Me and my mates mainly used to play wrestling games on the N64 and PS1 and they would rip the piss out of me because I'd be sitting there having a fit smashing every button and wiggling all the joysticks in a blind panic while they just ganged up on me and did their specials.

I used to be in the top 10,000 out of about 4,000,000 in MW2

In Black Ops I'd occasionally be in the top 500 for Hardcore S&D

Dunno if I'll play CoD again though...

I used to be in the top 10,000 out of about 4,000,000 in MW2

In Black Ops I'd occasionally be in the top 500 for Hardcore S&D

Dunno if I'll play CoD again though...

I think it depends what game setting you play in COD. I got pretty high in the rankings on free-for-all when I was playing World and war. I think that's just fuck all people play free-for-all compared to Team death match. I was better at MW2 than I was WOW but still got no where near the top of the rankings. (not that I'm saying you're shit or any thing, top 10,000 is pretty bangin)

It's all a bit silly really though as it mostly depends on how much you play.