BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Axelrod Tribute Round

DJ Rock Well

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Alright fellas, been keeping a low pro round these parts but I'm in on this. Been working on a little something. Also lost something that was sounding quite dope when my comp crashed :(

Looking forward to hearing what everyone comes up with. And that's a sweet beat Psyche :)

Damn man that sucks :( Thanks for the complement Broma, looking forward to hearing to hearing your track

Think I'll have one to submit this month wooo. Got a nice loop going on, just need to arrange some shit and we're good.

Nice one D00b, looking forward to see what you come up with :)

FLIPPIN' BLIMMIN' HECK SOMEONE POST A BEAT ALREADY

I just waded through a page and a half of you lot rubbing helmets over how great the Wizzawecta is, just to get all the way to the bottom and find there isn't a single beat in this thread yet.

I say this as someone with embarrassingly rudimentary production skills who couldn't even begin to do justice to Axelrod, but still...

And also, to join in the derailment for a second, did you guys check out the three volume compilation series, "Shaolin Soul"?

Fucking LOL!

I have the first two Shaolin Soul records on wax. For some bizarre reason they go for insane money on Discogs. As far as soul compilations go, they're pretty good though.

In fact, Vol. 1 is where I got the Nautilus sample from when I made that beat all those years ago. Yeah, that's right. It wasn't the original LP, it was a compilation.

*GASP!*

I don't even own Bob James - One.

*DOUBLE GASP!*

I can imagine they'd go for a pretty penny on Discogs. You should see how much the mint Strut/Harmless comps go for.

Guest petesasqwax

I'm almost there (ayo!) with mine. I dumped the rendered Maschine stems into Ableton and spent a while on it last night. Astoundingly it still sounded pretty decent this morning so there's a good chance I'll upload this evening

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

I produced the original version in Maschine, then rendered the stems and took them into Ableton. After that point, odd things happened (as is frequently the case). Everything melodic is taken from "A Divine Image" although a lot of filtering and processing occurred along the way.

• Like 2

Just had a quick listen to Dans, Petes and D00bs entries and damn this could be the dopest DV sample challenge to date! Looking forward to the rest of entries :8

Im out..ive pulled mine from the battle.

I need to re-record and I dont think I've got enough time to do it unfortunately..the track itself is fine but the recording sounds too distorted on the mix ive done so its getting the heave ho im afraid.

i'll post up a better recorded version of it at a later date.

Finally I'm in. Short, simple and in need of a better mix. But I made it all the wrong way and my interest is starting to wain, so here it is :d

Really liking this mate, nice jazzy feel to it. The wife thinks I've turned into Louis Balfour......... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Nice

• Like 1