DV Beat Battle #14

Steve

Well, if we're bragging on eBay deals...

I bought the MPC for £150, the card reader for £60 and sold the pair for £395. Then last week I nabbed a new MPC1000 still in its box for £300... naturally, I'm still deciding wether to spend my £95 profit on drugs or hookers.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Split the difference and get some drug hookers, then spend the what's left on a 4 fingered ring that says "LordzOfEbay!

Yeah Adam, that's the one! That synth bass is really good.

Supacuts - nice work mate, I could imagine your cuts on it as soon as I heard it. Beatmaker 2 you say? I made one for this last year out of presets from Beatmaker 1.

I used the presets and took hits from the various kits, used one of the synths for the sub and sampled "This is a Man's World" for the horns and "skank". Incidentally, I repitched the hit to get the tuning I wanted.

Not that you asked, but there it is!

Guest Symatic

can you import samples on beatmaker then? imaschine makes you chop your samples up elsewhere, then connect the phone to itunes, then drag your pre chopped samples into the program. bollox!

if i had an interface i could sample straight in, but i'd still have no control over i/o points, so i'd have to play exactly what i wanted into it. sampling a single drum hit would be a ballache

can you import samples on beatmaker then? imaschine makes you chop your samples up elsewhere, then connect the phone to itunes, then drag your pre chopped samples into the program. bollox!

if i had an interface i could sample straight in, but i'd still have no control over i/o points, so i'd have to play exactly what i wanted into it. sampling a single drum hit would be a ballache

You can import tunes that are on your phone and you can use an iRig, record a sound, crop it and put it into a sampler.

I think the main problem is that on average around 10,000 people download the DV looper as soon as it comes out and we're expecting similar numbers for the SSS looper... and nobody wants to deal with a 10,000 strong angry mob who didn't get their money's worth out of their free loopers.

P.S. Anyone know how to get to the DV sarcasm font on an iPhone?

lol,, this ones been lingering around for a while and the other beat i wanna do a few more touches to if i get the time .

I'm more than happy to do one looper, a joint looper, two (if i get the time or Si doesn't wanna) or whatever ... gathering beats for a SSS lopper is hard, using the DV battle loopers would be way easier...but tbh i'd prefer to make more scratch resources for the community rather than swap one for another - time isn't really an issue (but people should know that they may miss out if their not quick) and once the ball starts rolling (just like the chrstmas looper) i hope people should start pinging me ...

2:27 mins? Rule bender!

Nah, only kidding. I really like it, sounds like it would be good to cut to.

Also, what's all this pre set banter? I sampled a whole 5 different records for my one this month... no need to keep bringing up stuff that happened last year :p

Ha, who said I was referring to yours Rockwell? Guilty conscious?

Cheers man, thought it turned out ok considering I've only really been doing this 11 weeks :p

Something a bit faster to cut on too (you know how much I like to harp on about different tempos)