Post a pic of an artifact

djdiggla

I've been through my extensive collection of artefacts and I honestly can't decide which one I should post a picture of, so I'll just not post one at all.

It's a shame, because as collections of artefacts go, mine is very impressive. You should see it. Honestly. You'd be impressed.

I have no artefacts. :(

• 4 years later...

This is one of my most treasured possessions..my Dads old coal mining lamp that he gave to me a few years ago.

this one still works like new but all lamps are supposed to be handed back in when the miner either retires or the pit closes down but this was thankfully amongst several that were liberated by my Dad and his mate.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

An interesting find this morning in the shape of this miners lamp with a difference.

It stands at just over 5 inches and doubles as a lighter with a top that detaches so you can refill it with fluid.

Manufactured by the Protector Lamp & Lighting Company, Eccles England.

I've never seen one of these before although my Dad readily informed me it's the type of thing that would have sat on the pit managers desk for him to light his cigarettes or cigar with.

It's very cool and apparently these are quite scarce, it only cost £5 from a charity shop.

DS5Flwf.jpg

Q1inYTB.jpg

• Like 2