FINAL ROUND VIDEOS: IQ Vs. FAKSER

37 members have voted

1. 1. Whose video do you think is the best?

Here we go! The deciding round! As always, there is a playlist available HERE and the DJs can set their videos to public on YouTube now.

This battle has been excellent, so big thanks to everyone involved, including all contestants, sponsors, judges and people that helped out with it. As always, feel free to comment in this thread and to vote for your favourite video!

The judging in this round is a little different, in that, the judges will submit their votes to me privately and the results will be posted up on Christmas Day. If any judges don't submit their votes in time and we don't have a clear winner, I will be forced to postpone the announcement while I chase them up, but hopefully that won't happen. Best of luck to both contestants!

And with the above out of the way, here's the vids: -

IQ: -

Vs.

Fakser: -

• Like 5

IQ rocking the "making me itch" was way too ill and Fasker on the "pump me up" sample was probably some of the craziest scratching I've heard... Good luck with this one judges. I can't make a choice, both are first place sets IMO.

Both stupidly high level good. And not just technique good. Flow and everything.

As per the last round, IQ for me though. That is genuinely one of the best scratch vids I have ever seen in my life. The fill at the end of the cuts with the short ahh is one of the most beautiful scratch fills I have heard. That flow plus style plus technique is just silly.

great stuff.

I'm not sure which one's my favourite yet. As a general observation over all the videos, IQ's style seems more spontaneous wheras Fakser's seems more structured and by their nature these approaches seem hard to reconcile with one other - they have mutually exclusive strengths. This makes this battle hard to decide for me.

I voted for IQ.

Both are at a decent standard for-sure, IQ has a better flow and Fakser's definitely has some nice bits, but I think Fakser's keeness to take the title effected his flow, just abit to stiff and forced, for my taste.

Some good cuts no doubt.

But guys come on its all about the flow, YOU DIG!

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Boooo! Worst scratching ever!!!

Arf! Only doing a super clever and funny joke there.

This whole comp must be one of dopest scratch battles evaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! This final is just silly, can't they both win.

You know who the real winners are?

All our ears that got to hear such radness.

And our holy lord, Jesus Christ, who gets a 'made up birthday' treat for his fictitious self of a result announcement.

And the kids.

But, really, and i know this might seem controversial, the real winner is whoever wins the competition.

Christ, i feel ill. I'm off sick and this was a nice treat to check out. Double kudos!

Oh yeah, this was the 1st round of the final i liked Fakser more, so him, but you know, it's like a gnat pube in it, both are equally good.

Guest Symatic

DAAAAAAAYYYYYYMMMMMMMNNNNNNN

both soooo good. Fakser wins technicality, IQ wins with Flow..... who to choose?

I think i gotta go with IQ again though, there were some bits in there which sounded unplanned but tight, and I kinda like that, some one off in the moment badassness.....

wow sickness ,,,,,i realy like iq,s style and the way he improvise,s and his overal control but im abit bored of the fade in intro thing he likes to do,,,,, on this occasion i prefered fakser,,,,,very tight battle tho !!

Both super sick... IQ's 'making me itch' part was nuts. Fakser was just as sick and showed a bit more variety again, so I'm leaning towards Fakser... But it's too close to call.

• Like 1

Both nice vids for sure, I went for IQ in the end, but both on the tech tip for sure. I just felt IQ had more flow whereas Fakser was looking to hit those power moves (nothing wrong with that though!) and because of that was not flowing as much. but saying that, this ish he does with the "pump it up" sample in this vid (and his first file in the final) is sic!