GRAND FINAL ROUND 2 VIDEOS: IQ Vs. FAKSER

30 members have voted

1. 1. Whose video do you think is the best?

• IQ
    • Fakser

Here's the 2 videos for round 2 of the grand final! The 2 DJs can set their videos to public on YouTube if they haven't already, and feel free to share these videos wherever you like. Even though there's only 2 videos, I've still created a playlist on YouTube, HERE.

Please feel free to comment on the videos in this thread and to vote for your favourite.

IQ: -

Vs.

Fakser: -

Both of this videos are awesome. Some of the best scratching I've ever heard.

IQ - Last round, I think IQ's flow suffered a little, and using a single sample didn't really help either. This round, I think he did exactly what he needed to do. The cuts are super technical and varied, the flow is wicked and funky, and using different samples made a difference for sure. If I could choose how my own scratching sounds, I'd want it to sound like this.

Fakser - There's a really good mix of aggressive and laid back techniques and the phrasing and pitch control is excellent. Another world class video!

It's really hard to choose between these guys again, but stylistically I prefer IQ. In fact, I think I've put him first in every round so far.

I've watched both videos about ten times this morning and it's incredibly close, but IQ was just a little bit funkier so I have to give it to him. Fakser was incredibly sick though, especially the last 30 seconds or so.

I think IQ started well but didn't quite maintain right 'til the end, and it took Fakser a while to get going but he finished well.

And while this DV Freestyle Scratch Battle doesn't enjoy the same sort of profile as other more-well known contests (yet), it has been responsible for adding some of the dopest scratch videos to YouTube to date. Props to everyone involved.

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

And while this DV Freestyle Scratch Battle doesn't enjoy the same sort of profile as other more-well known contests (yet), it has been responsible for adding some of the dopest scratch videos to YouTube to date. Props to everyone involved.

couldn't agree more - the standard of cuts in this battle is truly outstanding

both outstanding,,,but I.Q. wins this for me i just thought he was more funky all the way through the vid and i liked his record control more ,,,,i really liked the way fakser started tho he was very funky to just not i.q. funky

Same as everyone else, I'm blown away by the standard of both the vids (and pretty much everything in this battle so far), but i'd choose IQ by a slender margin.

Big respect to Steve for both putting on this battle and for daring to do something a little different to the norm, format wise. I think it's paid off - collectively, all the entries for this comp easily make up the majority of the best freestyle scratch vids that came out in 2013, with some of the best entries comfortably making "all-time great" status. Also, whoever finally wins this will have truly proven themselves as a true master of the art form - they're are plenty of dope scratchers out there who can produce a one-off great freestyle vid from deep inside their own comfort zone. But the winner of this has had to prove themselves time and time again, against the hardest competition, from both in and out of their comfort zone. How IQ and Fakser have managed to keep on coming up with the goods again and again, whatever is thrown at them, blows my mind.

Roll on the final round!

What record is IQ using for the James brown skipless cuts?

In the manner of kids in the park who attempt to recreate a Rooney wonder goal that they saw on yesterday's Match of the Day, I busted out the Superseal last night. I'm convinced that this is the secret ingredient that I am missing.

Sorry about the poll being anonymous BTW. In the previous rounds, I set it so you could see who would voted for which DJ, but this time I forgot to check that option and by the time I noticed, people had already started voting so it didn't allow me to change the setting.

Not that it really makes a difference, as the judging isn't affected by the results of this poll, but I know some people like to see who voted for who.