GRAND FINAL ROUND 1 JUDGING THREAD (judges only please)

It's judging time again! All you need to do is watch both videos, pick a winner, then post your choice in this thread. If you want to say why you picked one DJ over the other, that would be great, but you don't have to.

Here's the videos: -

Fakser: -

IQ: -

In this round there are 11 judges, so a DJ needs 6 points to take the win. The guest judges will probably submit their choices to me via email, so I will copy and paste whatever they say into this thread.

The deadline for submitting your choice is the 23rd of November.

Points so far: -

Fakser: 6 (Precision, Sparky T, Chris Karns, Ritchie Ruftone, DJ Flip, Mighty Atom) - WINNER!

IQ: 5 (Chile, Muzzell, Woody, Mista Ed, Shortkut)

Had to watch the videos quite a few times for 2 reasons- 1, from a judging standpoint and 2, from the standpoint of a fan of scratching! Both of these guys are SUPER dope on the cuts, making it really tough to pick a winner. I'm going to go with Fakser though, just off the fact that he was cleaner. Props to both DJ's though. I've just been inspired by you both!!

• Like 1

Sparky T just emailed me his pick: -

As much as I like IQ's style in general, I'll give this one to Fakser. It's like IQ isn't feeling the beat, therefore in many points he's not even trying to stay on beat, but prefers the half time cuts. Fakser on the other hand, is flowing more naturally and especially the 'pump me up' part is on point. Can't wait to see what they'll come up with, with the Oizo beat...

Peace

Sparks

That puts Fakser ahead 2-0, but there's still 9 more judges left to vote.

And Woody's vote ties things up at 3 apiece: -

Hey Steve, better late than never man, here's my thoughts and decision...

After watching these at least 5 times each i just couldn't call it, there are different technical strengths in each of the DJ's performance. So for me the only way was to listen to them again, blind, and go for the flow i was feeling the most, that was IQ's. But both really dope and a close call.

Peace

Woody

DJ Flip just emailed me his choice: -

At first I was going to go with Fakser because his cuts were enjoyable to listen to,and I.Q started kind of slow.
But after a few listens I started diggin' I.Q's more.
On one final listen,I'm gonna go with Fakser again by a gee hair. His cuts were slightly funkier for me.
Both ridiculously sick,and a pleasure on the ear.

Both winners to me.

All of the judges had a tough time deciding between the 2 videos.

It's now 5-3 to Fakser with 3 judges left to vote. If any 1 of those 3 votes for Fakser, he's won the round.

Mista Ed's pick: -

I'd have to plump for Iq, not that it makes any difference anymore lol.... BUT it was almost impossible to call to be honest. I think iq basically sounded a bit more natural over that beat generally.... Fuckin toughie!!!!!!

Well done Fakser tho

Shortkut finally got in touch: -

yeeeo!
my apologies man...been super busy...
here's my judging...
DJ Fasker - sharp, dope flow. consistent to the fast BPM track. rapid fire style - ILL.
DJ IQ - sharp as well. a lil more variety, sharp bursts of precise speed, but keep it flavorful and breaks it up after that

final vote: DJ IQ.