GRAND FINAL ROUND 1 INFO & BEAT

I'm posting this up now as it gives the DJs a bit of extra time to have a practice with the beat, even though we don't know who has made it through to the finals yet. If the DJs that end up losing in the semi-finals want to submit a video each of them cutting over this beat, it will be used to decide 3rd and 4th place - that will be just for fun though, so I'll leave it up to the DJs concerned.

Grand final format: -

The grand final will take place over 3 rounds that are spread 2-3 weeks apart. If the same DJ wins the first 2 rounds, the battle is over. The judging panel will consist of the same 5-man team that judged rounds 2 and 3, as well as the 6 extra guest judges. The rules for recording and submitting videos are exactly the same as they were in the previous rounds.

Grand final round 1 beat: -

DV Battle Grand Final Beat 1.mp3

DJs may cut over the full length of this beat, but please do not edit the beat to make it longer. If you submit a video where you've edited the beat and you're cutting for longer than 104 seconds, you will be asked to cut your video down. DJs must cut over the beat at its stock speed, so no pitching it up or down.

Deadline: -

The deadline for round 1 of the grand final is Saturday November 16th at 11 PM UK time. That gives you 3 weeks from today. The judges have 1 week to make their minds up regarding the semi-final videos, so by this time next week at the latest we will know who's made it through and you'll have a further 2 weeks to get your videos submitted.

Dropping out/extensions: -

An extension will be given in any of the final rounds, but only under exceptional circumstances and only if both DJs agree to it. An example of "exceptional circumstances" would be one of the DJs falling ill or having their decks stolen - please don't ask for an extension because you forgot about the battle or you left it to the last minute, haha. If a DJ has no alternative but to drop out in this round, the DJ that they beat in the semi-finals will be given the opportunity to jump back in and they'll be given 1 extra week to submit a video.

Here's a reminder of the prizes that are up for grabs in the final: -

Winner: -

A DIF-1S mixer from DJ-Tech (check it out, HERE)

A t-shirt and snapback from the folks at AnyForty (check out their shop, HERE)

A t-shirt, mug and bag from the Super Scratch Sunday Shop

Doubles of Ritchie Ruftone's battle record, "Braveheart Breaks" (already sent out as long as you've given me your address)

Runner up: -

A Pro X Fade courtesy of Mike from the IDA

Doubles of Ritchie Ruftone's battle record, "Braveheart Breaks" (already sent out as long as you've given me your address)

Big thanks to all of our sponsors and to the people who helped me to secure prizes! If you have a minute, please have a click through to the sponsor's sites and have a browse around. You might find something you like on there!